Used 2004 Saab 9-3 Linear Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Cheaper is definitely not better!
By Sad Saab Owner

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

So you want a luxury vehicle and a 9-3 is appealing because it is cheaper right. Don't make the same mistake we have all made. I am writing this review to save you time and money. Spend the extra money and get a car worthy to be called a luxury vehcile. Saabs are different but when it comes to reliability and build quality the 9-3 is a definite NO,NO,NO... I wanted to love this car, I paid cash for it. It is a DEFINITE THAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE NUMEROUS PROBLEMS. These problems range from rattles to weird problems with the transmission, brake noise, to things just not working. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE. DO NOT BUT A 9-3.

Exterior styling is its only good quality.

This design should be scrapped and redesigned.

love my 9-3
By saab fan

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love this car. My wife & I have been looking @ this car since its debut in 2003 and have not been disappointed. Have red linear with manual trans, sunroof, 17" sport wheels, and premium package. Ride & handling is excellent. Interior very appealing. Like having a car not alot of people have. We love driving this car.

Driving, handling, styling.

Only improvement would be for better stereo & speakers.

All is well in Sweden
By jupp-shannon

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Exterior styling looks extremely sleek from previous year. The interior is extremely comfortable and attractive. Controls are layed out nicely. The mounted steering stero controls are an added bonus. Rear cargo space is ample. Steering and handling is extremely agile and fun to drive. Smooth and quiet at freeway speeds.

Interior controls and heated seats.

Cup holder mounted on dash is quirky. Room for 2 cups in the console would be better.

Super Fun, but a little rattly.
By COGuy

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've put about 1700 miles on my new 9-3 in two months. Very responsive, fast, corners great. Very slight turbo lag, but 5-speed overcomes this. Back seats are a little small, especially for a baby seat (passenger seat has to be fairly far forward). During the 30-day checkup, I had them check out a "clank" noise from the front axle, but they could not duplicate the noise. Seems to happen whenever I back out of the driveway in the morning. I've also recently discovered strange rattling/buzzing noises coming from inside the door panels when going over 20 mph.

Fantastic pickup and acceleration at high altitute (Colorado). This is the 2.0... I can't imagine why you'd need a bigger engine on this car. The turbo does a great job at providing the acceleration. Very comfortable, handles great.

Brake & Gas pedals are a little too close together... my foot can easily step on both at the same time. Overall, fix the funky clanking/rattling noises. This is my first experience owning a new car, and an entry-level luxury car at that. Wouldn't expect this to be the case.

Linear Saab
By thomas t

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Happy with this car so far. Smooth ride, classy exterior. Upgraded 16 inch wheels are distinctive.

metallic paint; 16 inch wheels; quiet ride.

More refined interior gauges/electronics.