2004 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Too Much Fun !!
By Saabldy on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is the most fun I have had driving - for the past 50 years! And, I have had a lot of different cars, from Porsche, BMW to VW. Performance on the highway is exceptional. Braking is reassuring. I found it necessary to buy a radar detector!! Great value! Even came with free OnStar.

Blown away
By Michael Leyden on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is just like they say in the commercial. If you drive it, you'll want to buy it. I wasn't even looking at cars, let alone Saabs! I wanted to get another truck. But I saw the price that they start at and their look is impeccable and nobody has them. So I test drove it, and I was sold. It drives like a dream, handling every nook of the road with ease. The turbo gives it the performance anyone needs. And since not that many people have them, I'm looked at like I'm driving a ferrari.

Nice Car but a Quality Concern
By jmklwck on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

To date the problems have been 1/2 dealership and 1/2 car. It took 9 days to install OnStar, 4 trips to finally fix the cold weather starting problem (software issue), and then the recall of the front axles. I am more concerned about the creaks that are beginning to develop, headboard, seat, and intermittent out of the blue stereo electical miscues. Hopefully the GM portion is rearing it's ugly head. I still love the car but it's tough driving with your fingers crossed. If you have multiple dealerships in your area then I'd support the purchase.

Very Impressive
By Stevenml on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Wonderful car to own -- quiet silky ride, great passing power when you need it, very sporty looking too. For 10 Grand less than a BMW or Mercedes, which I also drove, the Saab is a steal!

Saab 's GO GO GO
By Rosco on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This vehicle corners very well, feels very well in the cockpit, and when the turbo kicks in . . . it goes fast enough to get to through the traffic holes. I never thought, I would ever drive this car, but after 1 drive . . . well I don't encourage my wife to drive this at all. Good job goes to the designers!

First new Saab
By Angelo on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Leased this car for my wife in Feb. 2003. She is in love with this car. It has every bell and whistle for her and looks awesome. We had room to negotiate with our dealer and came away very satisfied. The car handles as well as any car I've ever been in. This is a keeper when the lease is up.

Really a Premium car
By kakaroto on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is excellent, a litle turbo lag, but if you control the foot, you can made amazing acelerations, is fun to drive, the driver seat is rigth, the stability is correct, the sensations is like a airplane without wings, you feel that you are drive a premium car.

Very Impressed
By scotland9820 on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was looking for a car that had great looks, was unique and relatively rare, 4 doors, and great fuel economy. This Saab was perfect. You don't see them all over the road, They have sleek lines, a very european interior, and overall I am very impressed with the way it drives, handles, rides, etc. This is a great car!

at last
By jack fletcher on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

cant find fault with anything about the car. after driving and owning a freelander, this is the one car that has not let me down. wonderful gas mileage and so comfortable. if you know how to drive a turbo, you got it madeeve