2004 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Cheaper is definitely not better!
By Sad Saab Owner on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

So you want a luxury vehicle and a 9-3 is appealing because it is cheaper right. Don't make the same mistake we have all made. I am writing this review to save you time and money. Spend the extra money and get a car worthy to be called a luxury vehcile. Saabs are different but when it comes to reliability and build quality the 9-3 is a definite NO,NO,NO... I wanted to love this car, I paid cash for it. It is a DEFINITE THAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE NUMEROUS PROBLEMS. These problems range from rattles to weird problems with the transmission, brake noise, to things just not working. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE. DO NOT BUT A 9-3.

love my 9-3
By saab fan on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love this car. My wife & I have been looking @ this car since its debut in 2003 and have not been disappointed. Have red linear with manual trans, sunroof, 17" sport wheels, and premium package. Ride & handling is excellent. Interior very appealing. Like having a car not alot of people have. We love driving this car.

All is well in Sweden
By jupp-shannon on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Exterior styling looks extremely sleek from previous year. The interior is extremely comfortable and attractive. Controls are layed out nicely. The mounted steering stero controls are an added bonus. Rear cargo space is ample. Steering and handling is extremely agile and fun to drive. Smooth and quiet at freeway speeds.

Super Fun, but a little rattly.
By COGuy on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've put about 1700 miles on my new 9-3 in two months. Very responsive, fast, corners great. Very slight turbo lag, but 5-speed overcomes this. Back seats are a little small, especially for a baby seat (passenger seat has to be fairly far forward). During the 30-day checkup, I had them check out a "clank" noise from the front axle, but they could not duplicate the noise. Seems to happen whenever I back out of the driveway in the morning. I've also recently discovered strange rattling/buzzing noises coming from inside the door panels when going over 20 mph.

Linear Saab
By thomas t on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Happy with this car so far. Smooth ride, classy exterior. Upgraded 16 inch wheels are distinctive.

First Month
By ESB on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love the car. Traded from a 2001 LS430 to this for something smaller, sportier, and more fun and we love it so far. Dealer experience was incredibly good. Great deal on a great fun car. My first SAAB and likely not my last based on my so far limited experience! Classy alternative to a Japanese car.

Noisy Car
By eyeonizer on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has 16,000 miles and has been in the shop 7 times for clunks, rattles,brake and electronic problems. It is a "rattle-trap" for a car and the servicers can never figure out the problem.

Linear is a good bang for the buck
By tci on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very nice everyday driver. With a $ 4000.00 GM rebate + dealer dicount my $ 28,500.00 Linear came to under $ 23,000.00 which is an outstanding value. The Aero is nice, but at $30K+, there's better choices.

total disappointment
By cedegirl on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

this is my 2nd saab. my first saab (2000 9-3) saved my life in a near death car accident, so i replaced it with this brand new saab (and my first brand new car). imagine my disappointment when the gas gauge broke 2 days after i had it, anthor month after that it broke again, then the locks broke and i couldn't shut my driver's side door, then the remote control stopped working, then the black plastic started pealing off the inside console, the gas gauge broke again... then to top it all off as i was going down the highway at 65mph the entire car just shut off - NO WARNING - it just stopped working. the car hass been in the shop 6 times in under 8 months!

Sold on Saab
By misha90 on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first Saab. With price of fuel rising if I keep my foot out of the turbo I get 30mpg. Corners better than my 79 Porsche(Audi)924. Turbo lag is almost imperceptible. Huge trunk for a car its size. Very quiet on the highway. I like the info display on dash more than I thought. Radio is way cool some stations it tells you the song that is playing. I am sold on Saabs. Bought my wife 9-5 wagon.