Used 2004 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saab 9-3

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Fun and Safe
By Judi

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my third Saab. I've only spent $140 on the car since purchased new. I drive it every day. Mileage is great on the highway (about 30 mpg) but on city streets it drops to the teens. A bit of trouble with the locks, and speakers not great in the 2004. Huge trunk but still prefer the old Saab hatchback (had my 1985 900 for 20 years). Safety features ahead of its time.

Favorite Features

Like the peppy turbo, the ski hole, roomy trunk, comfy heated seats, multiple driver adjustments, safety features and 6-CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Lower the volume on the turn signal and improve the audio sound quality. Make the wiper blades more adjustable. Above all, make a compact hatchback (again) that can carry a bicycle with both wheels on or a small piece of furniture; i.e., something besides groceries. Improve city mileage.

Great Used Car with Over 100K miles
By Chuck

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car on a whim and it already had over 100,000 miles on it. Yes, 100,000. The car ran like new. Handles extremely well and to date (almost 12 months later) I've had no problems. There were some minor issues and with routine maintenance the total cost for the year is under $250!!! I've had no electrical, mechanical or other issues at all. This is one fun car to drive and has held up well. I've got over 125,000 miles on the car now.

Favorite Features

The cup holder is cool, the top works extremely well, and the seats are very comfortable. Wood trim on the steering well is nice too. This car has been good to me so far and still looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo and not much else.

Fun to drive. Great feul economy
By ND

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car is extremely responsive, agile, and powerful. It has a great fuel economy (> 33 mpg on highway). The interior looks cheap and feel cheap (but not as bad as GM or Ford). The dealer has been very responsible. I had an A/C problem 3 weeks after the warrantee expired. The dealer picked up the bill. It has 4-year, 50000 mile warranty.

Favorite Features

Power and fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality.

Fun to Drive
By Shaun7217

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's a car with excitement! Really fun to drive! The dealership is great with service. But it eat up some gas! ouch! The turbo engine's air sound makes you excited all the time!

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear
By sk1395

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

All in all i think this is a good car. The interior is a little cheap with the finish flaking off. Also i've had to have the speakers in the front replaced twice now. My lock system failed during one very cold Wisconsin winter. All I can say is buy the Saab extended warranty! I didn't have to pay for anything to get fixed!

Favorite Features

Turbo, Turbo, Turbo!! Very fun to drive! Drives very smoothly compared to other vehicles this size.

Suggested Improvements

The interior needs work. Very poor quality