2004 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Pleased with purchase
By William on 05/02/08 18:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car used off a lease with high miles - 75,000. I have had no problems with reliability so far - crossing my fingers this doesn't change. I only drive about 5,000 miles a year, though. Handling and braking seem pretty good. I'm happy with the acceleration though sometimes turbo lag is quite evident. The car is also pretty comfortable and has more room than my friends with 3 series and a4's.

Safety First
By ThreeSaabs on 03/29/08 09:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought new in 2004 for my teen-aged daughter. Car has been great; economical, fun, very few problems. Dealer service has been superb. Car was in an accident this week; car totaled, but my daughter walked away uninjured. Passenger compartment was completely intact. Crumple zone at engine compartment absorbed all impact. All airbags deployed. I am incredibly impressed and thank the Lord she was driving a Saab.

Mine all Mine
By Chirpbird on 02/15/08 07:30 AM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very fun car to drive, and what's not to like about a convertible on Denver's sunshiney days? Driving in the light snow that Denver gets is another matter. Skids and slides a lot. Don't know if it's because I have performance tires or because it just can't handle snow.

Quirky, but awesome!
By DaveM. on 02/05/08 21:39 PM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I looked long and hard - BMW, Mustang, A4, Mini - the Saab ultimately was my favorite. I call it my Sensitive Swede - I've a handful of CELs, etc., (be sure to turn the car off when gassing up) but the dealer has been great, and even proactive with replacing some things. That said, what a ride - FAST, handles well, very comfortable. Beautiful design, great lines. I receive many compliments. This is a very sophisticated car, and daily I discover something new that impresses me.

new transmission after 45000 miles
By sad tranny on 01/08/08 12:21 PM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2004 is my second Saab 9-3. I had a 2003 that needed a new transmission at 45000 miles. To my dismay I just put a new transmission in my 2004 at 45000 miles. Love the car but am very disappointed with the transmission incidents. Get with it GM.

Pretty good
By Ac Cars on 01/04/08 14:12 PM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. I mean it's a pretty good car. Actually it's great, it's turbocharger, it's performance...

Wonderful touring convertible
By Bristol on 11/28/07 15:27 PM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very good mileage, extremely high fun-to-drive quotient, intuitive controls, plethora of options at a very reasonable lease or used-car purchase price. Many cold-weather features make it a true 4-season vehicle. Good trunk space for a convertible. Opening/closing top is a spectator event. Auto with manual shifting helps the acceleration and overcomes the lack of low-end torque. When turbo kicks in, the high-pitched whine and burst of speed is exhilarating. Comfortable seating, much-improved visibility. Safety features are industry-leading (popup rollbars, best crash test scores). Rear-seat access is improved, although seating is tight.

Great Saab 9-3!
By Carmaster216 on 10/05/07 16:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Saab 9-3 is a pretty good car. In between its great luxury and its being very sporty I would say this car a very good car to have.

Best car for the money
By Kenneth James on 09/05/07 13:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The drive is the experience for the love of driving with the handling and feel of the car is unexplainable. You just drive this car once and you will understand my delight with driving this car. So, give it a test drive and make the decision for yourself and appreciate speed and comfort of a once in a lifetime automobile.

Wasn't impressed at all
By Steve on 07/31/07 23:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have been back to the dealership 8 times in the last 3 months. Here is a list of problems: 1. security lock system failure 2. electronic stability control failure 3. turbo failed at 37k miles 4. outside temperature sensor broke 5. Needed to add oil in between oil change 6. loud clicking sound when making sharp turns.