2004 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Great Used Car with Over 100K miles
By Chuck on 12/17/08 11:46 AM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car on a whim and it already had over 100,000 miles on it. Yes, 100,000. The car ran like new. Handles extremely well and to date (almost 12 months later) I've had no problems. There were some minor issues and with routine maintenance the total cost for the year is under $250!!! I've had no electrical, mechanical or other issues at all. This is one fun car to drive and has held up well. I've got over 125,000 miles on the car now.

Fun to drive. Great feul economy
By ND on 11/19/08 14:58 PM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car is extremely responsive, agile, and powerful. It has a great fuel economy (> 33 mpg on highway). The interior looks cheap and feel cheap (but not as bad as GM or Ford). The dealer has been very responsible. I had an A/C problem 3 weeks after the warrantee expired. The dealer picked up the bill. It has 4-year, 50000 mile warranty.

Fun to Drive
By Shaun7217 on 10/08/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's a car with excitement! Really fun to drive! The dealership is great with service. But it eat up some gas! ouch! The turbo engine's air sound makes you excited all the time!

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear
By sk1395 on 08/28/08 15:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

All in all i think this is a good car. The interior is a little cheap with the finish flaking off. Also i've had to have the speakers in the front replaced twice now. My lock system failed during one very cold Wisconsin winter. All I can say is buy the Saab extended warranty! I didn't have to pay for anything to get fixed!

Never Again!
By Mel Jonas on 08/01/08 09:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My wife and I purchased the car in April of 07 with 46,000 miles on it. She loved it until the repairs started. In one year and three months we have spent over $3000.00 in repairs. First thing that went was an input sensor on the auto tranny with 49,000 (covered under warranty). Next time the output sensor went out at 54,000 miles not covered. I went ahead and had the tranny flushed at the dealership at this time also. At 64,000 miles, total transmission failure to the tune of $2540.00. I talked to Saab myself took it as high as I could and they wouldn't help me at all. Saab file# 71- 649725108

I Love my car - but
By Joe on 07/07/08 15:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I now have a 2004 Arc convertible. I love the car but I want it to behave. I traded a 2003 sedan on the conv. I have put 2 transmissions at 45,000 and 49,000 miles in both cars. If it weren't for a great service department at the Saab dealer, I would be looking for another make of car. I hope the last tranny will be the last tranny I need.

Oh my
By johnstone48 on 07/02/08 20:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Good looking. Nice lines. Horrible electrical system. Just had to get seatbelt replaced for $675. Are you kidding me? My first and last Saab. Too many bothersome electrical problems such as sunroof, saab infotainment, security system, etc. It's a shame because it's a great looking car but the little issues keep me from coming back.

Great car
By jay0725 on 06/25/08 10:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my Saab 9-3 about 2 1/2 years now. In that time I've put over 60k miles on it. Maintenance is very important with these cars to keep them from giving you problems. I religiously change my oil every 7500 miles with ONLY mobile 1 full synthetic. Also keeping up with the other maintenance has proved worth while. The dealers charge a lot but it's better than having a broken down car. I average 33mpg between all driving. It has the original clutch at 80k, still shifts and drives like new. Brake dust is out of control but brakes have lasted about 45k miles and still over half left. I had one major issue with engine block at 45k. It was under warranty and I got a free loaner.

Love this car!
By fledermaus98 on 06/24/08 09:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had the Saab 9-3 for 4 years now and have loved every minute of it. There have been no major problems with this car and I have only had to do routine maintenance. The only gripe I have is that the silver plastic piece on top of the shifter came off (super glue fixed that!) and there was a rattle in the door which the dealer took care of promptly. The car handles like a dream and is very sporty. The gas mileage is also fantastic! I average 23 in the city (stepping on the gas pedal pretty hard) and 34 on the highway doing 75 to 80 miles an hour. I would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone!

Best Car Ever Driven!
By Panther1 on 06/10/08 09:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This will be my second car I have had. It is a blast to drive and has every luxury aspect that a BMW or Jaguar would without the ridiculous price tag. Sometimes! The turbo blows you away when you take off. I used to drive a Toyota Solara and it doesn't even compare at all to this Swedish luxury car! It has every bell and whistle a person needs in a car. Gas mileage is awesome but could sometimes need a little more leg room for the back seaters and would like a bigger trunk. It is hard to fit my golf clubs in the trunk and when you drive a luxury car you expect it to fit golf clubs with ease