Used 2004 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

DRIVER SIDE MIRROR EXPLODED
By JenniferJimenez

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was driving vehicle hit bump and turned black. Left brake light indactor states is inop. But brake light operates.

Still Love it After All These Years....
By Still Love It

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Versatile, luxurious, and quick. I drive this car for business--bringing clients along, making long trips, etc. and it's a comfortable and faithful performer. Given the choice between a 1 hour flight and a four hour drive, I drive. Great on the highway, quiet, powerful and safe. Oddly, I also use it to haul things. The roof rack goes on and off in minutes and can hold 220 pounds: that's a few sheets of plywood, or enough 2x4s to stud a new playroom for my kids. I also installed the towing hitch (myself) and occasionally hook up a trailer to gather/move antiques and such. And there's room for actual adults in the back seat for trips up to an hour. What more could I ask for?

Versatility Low end torque Performs well in the weather LOTS of standard features Can fit a whole bottle of windshield washer fluid in the reservoir. Safest car on the road.

Sound system is substandard. I had to install bluetooth phone and aux port myself, but it wired in without a problem.

Nothing else is even close
By senko555

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am a used car dealer and like cars a lot but cannot compare anything else with my Saab. Bought used one with 60k and now at 120k cost of my repairs are $0. When driving cars like accords or Camry from auctions I just cannot understand way people like them so much. Will never own any other brand for sure. I am sorry to hear that other people have some problems. Just change oil every 8k and transmission oil at 90k with coils and be happy that own one of best cars around. There is no timing belt to worry about either (timing chain) good for life time of vehicle. Still original battery after 7 years and 120k. Last year one Saab was retired because of over 1,000,000 miles. I hope this will be helpful.

speed.reliability, style,

dashboard quality.

Love it when it's working
By Kim

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It is a beautiful car that is fun to drive...when everything is working which is seldom. The sunroof works when it feels like it as does the radio and CD player. Have replaced the master cylinder twice in a year and a half. The stability control went out to the tune of $700. The locks constantly malfunction. The brakes are always spongy. Have replaced a wheel bearing also. This is all in less than two years of owning it. I am considering trading it even though I owe money on it. I would never buy another Saab. I walk up to it and love it then get in and something isn't working again and I get angry. SAAB - Something's Almost Always Broken.

Body style, fun to drive.

brakes electrical reliability

Unreliable!
By Unhappy Saab Owner

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought the car used towards the end of February, problems started within 3 months of owning. Some of the problems I experienced: fuel pump breaking, the radiator needing to be replaced,the security system failing not once but twice, battery dead, and the transmission failed at 60k AND 66k. Not only that but in the summer I got into my car and notice the floors were soaked. A pipe had backed up into my car, flooding it and ruining the electrical box under the seat. I brought it to Saab and they fixed the problem or so I had thought. The car is still damp and smells like mold. This car has been in the shop more than I have used it in the last 10 months!

Turbo(when it worked), exterior design, comfort of seats, gas mileage.

Better transmission, electrical problems, and rattles.