Used 2004 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Noisy Car
By eyeonizer

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has 16,000 miles and has been in the shop 7 times for clunks, rattles,brake and electronic problems. It is a "rattle-trap" for a car and the servicers can never figure out the problem.

Favorite Features

Outside appearance is sharp.

Suggested Improvements

Better radio. Less plastic inside. Better quality in building.

Dave's Saab
By D&LG

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My wife and I have owned Saab's for 20 years from the old 900's to the 9000 CD's. Our family now has 3 Saabs and the 2004 9-3 Saab Convertible is the outright best we have ever purchased. This car handles like a dream the interior is even better than the 2003 model for comfort. The only thing I wish Saab would do would be to get rid of the funky cup holder in the dash. With all the features in this car that should not be there. I can't wait to see what comes out next in the new Saab line up. We are waiting for the new 9-7 SUV to come over to trade our SUV. Thank you Saab for an out right fantastic driving experience. Definately fun to drive.

Favorite Features

One of the best features is lowering your windows and putting your top down on the way to the car so you have more time driving. The suspension and and ride is fantastic. A lot less drag on the Turbo with this model.

Linear is a good bang for the buck
By tci

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very nice everyday driver. With a $ 4000.00 GM rebate + dealer dicount my $ 28,500.00 Linear came to under $ 23,000.00 which is an outstanding value. The Aero is nice, but at $30K+, there's better choices.

Favorite Features

Supportive leather seats and cold weather package. (It's cold here in winter). Fantastic trunk with fold down rear seats, excellent. Saab information display is well positioned so that you can still watch the road. Well focused and bright headlights. Swelte exterior styling is pleasing

Suggested Improvements

Sound system! The linear's 150 watt system is weak. 4 inch rear speaker are a huge dissappointment. I dropped in 6x9 triax which helped a bit except that no bass is sent back there. Doesn't play MP3 discs. Fit & finish lags a bit to Japanese & German cars. Dash looks monotone & cheap.

total disappointment
By cedegirl

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

this is my 2nd saab. my first saab (2000 9-3) saved my life in a near death car accident, so i replaced it with this brand new saab (and my first brand new car). imagine my disappointment when the gas gauge broke 2 days after i had it, anthor month after that it broke again, then the locks broke and i couldn't shut my driver's side door, then the remote control stopped working, then the black plastic started pealing off the inside console, the gas gauge broke again... then to top it all off as i was going down the highway at 65mph the entire car just shut off - NO WARNING - it just stopped working. the car hass been in the shop 6 times in under 8 months!

Favorite Features

its super comforatble, everyone who gets into it loves the car. when it works its super fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

i fear for driving this car... the 1st one saved my life, this one i never no when its going to break down and what's going to go wrong with it next. i don't feel safe driving this car, make it more reliable! i will never buy one of these cars again!!!!!!!!

Wife's first new cabrio
By seanandmari

2004 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this car for my wife to drive while we are in Germany. The car is solid, fast, powerful, and a heck of a lot of fun to drive. Looked at Audi, Volvo, and BMW, and all seemed to lack the style of the Saab, plus everyone has a BMW or AUDI here. We live in the mountains and this car brings new life to the curvy roads. Great way to start and end a commute. That low-end torque and the Saab turbo beats the heck out of the competition on the flats/curves. The car handles corners, literally like it is on rails. The 6 speed manual is amazing and that extra gear helps on the Autobahns. Stereo sound is awesome, seats are confortable, quiet up to 100MPH

Favorite Features

My brother said it the best: It must be nice to own your own roller coaster. This 9-3 handles better than the 318 and 325 BMW's that I have driven. Very powerful and responsive. Love that torque and turbo. Great stereo.

Suggested Improvements

The electronics are a bit out of date. Dash cluttered: too many buttons. Saab needs a bright color touch-screen for radio and computer, and should add RCA input jacks for MP3 player. Euro model has clean, color LCD option, dissapointed that we could not get it. NO ONSTAR! Add G