Used 2004 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Great car
By mplieber

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2004 Saab 9-3 convertible has been wonderful. Fun to drive, with an amazing acceleration on a 4-cylinder turbo engine. When going out with the family, we use the back seats which seat adults comfortably, although a bit cramped, but this beats a 2-seater any day. Reliability has been good, and the car has been well maintained. Only complaint is occasional problems with the electrical system: windows, convertible top, radio, ignition. None has been fatal but I have experienced 2 incidents where car would not start. Note: I have the automatic, not manual, model.

Convertible Acceleration Simplicity Comfort

Electrical system needs to be more reliable.

Electrical issues
By tonyb

2004 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall, I love the car, but problems with electrical. Latest is left blinker won't go off. 1100 at the dealer to fix.

top down

fix electrical problem and way too much brake dust.

80% Fun, 20% Headache
By Marshall H

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellence: Good looks without being flashy. Superb power delivery, very smooth for a small displacement turbo. So quiet inside you forget its a convertible, comfy seats. Acceptable: "premium" sound system is mediocre at best. Tires break free pretty easily when accelerating from a stop into a turn, but with FWD kind of expected. Unacceptable: Spotty build quality results in buttons and interior surface's paint rubbing off. Electrical gremlins are a constant threat. Complexity of common tasks like resetting oil life monitor is way more difficult than it has to be. Saab-ness: Saab is often different just for difference sake. Like the "night panel" function.

Convertible top is fully automatic, no boot, no manual latches, just a button and it works great. Easily the quietest convertible we tried with either the top up or down.

Make menus in information center easier to navigate. Use decent materials for the interior.

DRIVER SIDE MIRROR EXPLODED
By JenniferJimenez

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was driving vehicle hit bump and turned black. Left brake light indactor states is inop. But brake light operates.

Still Love it After All These Years....
By Still Love It

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Versatile, luxurious, and quick. I drive this car for business--bringing clients along, making long trips, etc. and it's a comfortable and faithful performer. Given the choice between a 1 hour flight and a four hour drive, I drive. Great on the highway, quiet, powerful and safe. Oddly, I also use it to haul things. The roof rack goes on and off in minutes and can hold 220 pounds: that's a few sheets of plywood, or enough 2x4s to stud a new playroom for my kids. I also installed the towing hitch (myself) and occasionally hook up a trailer to gather/move antiques and such. And there's room for actual adults in the back seat for trips up to an hour. What more could I ask for?

Versatility Low end torque Performs well in the weather LOTS of standard features Can fit a whole bottle of windshield washer fluid in the reservoir. Safest car on the road.

Sound system is substandard. I had to install bluetooth phone and aux port myself, but it wired in without a problem.