2004 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Nothing else is even close
By senko555 on 03/19/10 23:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am a used car dealer and like cars a lot but cannot compare anything else with my Saab. Bought used one with 60k and now at 120k cost of my repairs are $0. When driving cars like accords or Camry from auctions I just cannot understand way people like them so much. Will never own any other brand for sure. I am sorry to hear that other people have some problems. Just change oil every 8k and transmission oil at 90k with coils and be happy that own one of best cars around. There is no timing belt to worry about either (timing chain) good for life time of vehicle. Still original battery after 7 years and 120k. Last year one Saab was retired because of over 1,000,000 miles. I hope this will be helpful.

Love it when it's working
By Kim on 03/03/10 18:50 PM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It is a beautiful car that is fun to drive...when everything is working which is seldom. The sunroof works when it feels like it as does the radio and CD player. Have replaced the master cylinder twice in a year and a half. The stability control went out to the tune of $700. The locks constantly malfunction. The brakes are always spongy. Have replaced a wheel bearing also. This is all in less than two years of owning it. I am considering trading it even though I owe money on it. I would never buy another Saab. I walk up to it and love it then get in and something isn't working again and I get angry. SAAB - Something's Almost Always Broken.

Unreliable!
By Unhappy Saab Owner on 01/05/10 17:24 PM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought the car used towards the end of February, problems started within 3 months of owning. Some of the problems I experienced: fuel pump breaking, the radiator needing to be replaced,the security system failing not once but twice, battery dead, and the transmission failed at 60k AND 66k. Not only that but in the summer I got into my car and notice the floors were soaked. A pipe had backed up into my car, flooding it and ruining the electrical box under the seat. I brought it to Saab and they fixed the problem or so I had thought. The car is still damp and smells like mold. This car has been in the shop more than I have used it in the last 10 months!

Do research before you buy one!
By Taylor Gray on 12/12/09 21:19 PM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Loved the car. Had every option that cars do now except nav system. Even had 6-speed manual! Had MANY problems. It was always driven on the highway and taken care of so it was about the quality of the materials. I had to replace lower left ball joint, both struts (and mounts), springs, the entire car computer, rain sensor, radio, seatbelt, & ignition. Don't get me wrong the car was a great car but I am a college student and it was difficult to pay for repairs. I suggest not buying one unless you plan to have repair bills & you KNOW you CAN pay them. Saab's going out of business & the company is only required to make parts 10 years after the car was made. Plan on not finding any parts by '13.

Great Value
By Dr. Indianapolis on 11/17/09 05:20 AM (PST)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A wonderful value, handles like a champ in the snow. Very comfortable and fun to drive. Best seats I have ever sat in, HVAC is powerful. Only downside is the interior look (plastic), but that is superficial. Drives fast, turbo is cool, the car is very safe and a winner for value among all other makers (pay more for wood interior and nothing else). Indy Saab on 16th street is a great dealership with wonderful service.

An underated fun car to drive
By anthony on 10/02/09 19:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Unfortunately Saab gets bad press here in the States. This is a fun car to drive, handles well and the one fact overlooked is it's a safe car with many safety features for a convertible. I've owned many cars over the years and drove as much. The seats (where you spend most of your time) are extremely comfortable unlike the BMW convertible. A virtual maintenance free car that's a pleasure to own and drive.

Good Value
By KCE on 08/27/09 17:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought my 9-3 Aero 4 years ago with 9k miles on the speedo. Now have 81k and I'm very surprised at how much I like this car. It's been very dependable, drives great and gets amazing gas mileage. I average 28 miles to the gallon and easily get 33 on the highway. I think these cars make a good value on the used market. Buy a used one with an extended warranty and you won't be disappointed.

Score!
By yowz on 07/16/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just bought a 2002 Volvo s60 2.4T about a month ago. Some lady totaled it for me by smashing into the passenger side. Was devastated until I found the Arc convertible. Went out and got this beauty and cannot believe how much of a better car it is! And I am paying about the same for a newer car with better handling, more horsepower and less mileage. Score.

I'm totally a snaab now.
By Sean on 06/01/09 07:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car used with 43,000 miles on it. I did a lot of research into Saabs, Volvos, and VWs before I decided to purchase this car, and believe I made a very good decision. I have had absolutely no problems with the car other than normal wear and tear issues (new front brakes/pads, new tires) and it has totally exceeded my expectations. It handles great in all types of weather and has only gotten stuck in the snow once. I have never felt safer in a car, and even though it's kind of a little guy, I feel like I have a substantial car around me when I drive. I would recommend Saab to anyone as long as you get a good dealership to take it to for service.

Great car, fun to drive!!!
By Chris Higgens on 04/18/09 10:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car for a great price. So far I love everything about it, the style, handling, acceleration, and all the attention you get from driving such a classy car. I really have no complaints as of now and I would definitely recommend this car to a friend. Also it's a very safe car!