Used 2004 Saab 9-3 Linear Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

disappointed and shouldnt be
By whatever21

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

bought this one used in 2009. cd player broken. headlight wire harnesses broken. front spoiler fell off. paint peeling on control buttons. comfort fan replaced-$600. driver side spring broken-replaced- with new tire $1000. lock system always malfunctions. key fob disintegrated in my hands. cover on third brake light fell off. seat belt retractor just broke-recall item. i am waiting for the next thing to go wrong and i shouldnt be. the engine has been great. the ride is fun although the seats are uncomfortable. have been able to get good gas mileage 31 - 38 and thats what keeps me in it. if I had to do it over I wouldnt. if you're looking at saab used be careful

Nothing else is even close
By senko555

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am a used car dealer and like cars a lot but cannot compare anything else with my Saab. Bought used one with 60k and now at 120k cost of my repairs are $0. When driving cars like accords or Camry from auctions I just cannot understand way people like them so much. Will never own any other brand for sure. I am sorry to hear that other people have some problems. Just change oil every 8k and transmission oil at 90k with coils and be happy that own one of best cars around. There is no timing belt to worry about either (timing chain) good for life time of vehicle. Still original battery after 7 years and 120k. Last year one Saab was retired because of over 1,000,000 miles. I hope this will be helpful.

speed.reliability, style,

dashboard quality.

Love it when it's working
By Kim

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It is a beautiful car that is fun to drive...when everything is working which is seldom. The sunroof works when it feels like it as does the radio and CD player. Have replaced the master cylinder twice in a year and a half. The stability control went out to the tune of $700. The locks constantly malfunction. The brakes are always spongy. Have replaced a wheel bearing also. This is all in less than two years of owning it. I am considering trading it even though I owe money on it. I would never buy another Saab. I walk up to it and love it then get in and something isn't working again and I get angry. SAAB - Something's Almost Always Broken.

Body style, fun to drive.

brakes electrical reliability

I'm totally a snaab now.
By Sean

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car used with 43,000 miles on it. I did a lot of research into Saabs, Volvos, and VWs before I decided to purchase this car, and believe I made a very good decision. I have had absolutely no problems with the car other than normal wear and tear issues (new front brakes/pads, new tires) and it has totally exceeded my expectations. It handles great in all types of weather and has only gotten stuck in the snow once. I have never felt safer in a car, and even though it's kind of a little guy, I feel like I have a substantial car around me when I drive. I would recommend Saab to anyone as long as you get a good dealership to take it to for service.

Heated seats, moonroof, 6-disc cd changer, turbo engine.

The dash materials are pretty cheap and rattle a lot, but other than that, no complaints.

Great car, fun to drive!!!
By Chris Higgens

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car for a great price. So far I love everything about it, the style, handling, acceleration, and all the attention you get from driving such a classy car. I really have no complaints as of now and I would definitely recommend this car to a friend. Also it's a very safe car!

The interior is beautiful, safety features, design, handling, acceleration... what's more to ask for?

none so far