2003 Saab 9-3 Consumer Review: Never Again

2003 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Review

2003 Saab 9-3

SE Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Never Again
By Dan A. on

2003 Saab 9-3 SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Where do I begin? My "latest" issue is that although the electrical system is working, the car wont start! The Saab mechanic informs me that it "may" be the started, but maybe not. He can replace it for $700+, but if it's not the problem, I'm out the money! The leather seats are worn out. The fan for the a/c stays on for an extra 15 minutes after I shut off the car. The car rattles way too much. The seals on the back window are coming off. Oh, and the motor for the passenger seat is gone and now starting to go on the drivers side as well. They inform me that the motor is over $700! I can easily say that I will not buy a Saab OR a GM auto ever again. Haven't met many happy Saab owners lately.

At least the people at the service dept. at Parkfield Saab in NJ are very nice. They try to uphold a high standard of service, but are limited as the product stinks. If they pickup any other brands (other than ANY GM brand), I would still buy from them. Can't really say anything good about Saab.

Fix the electrical system, the starter, the seats, the window seals, and put more power into the car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By roni33
on 07/14/12 15:12 PM (PDT)

On cars that have maintenance "issues" I recommend that you either find a good independent mechanic that you can trust or learn to DIY (do it yourself). The problems mentioned here can probably be done by yourself if you are handy with tools. If you are not then don't buy...get a japanese car. I would not, under any circumstances, take it to a dealer.