2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

SE 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (39 reviews )
TIGHT
By First foriegn car on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

First sports car. Wanted a manual convertible just for fun. Checked everything from a VW to Jag and Lexus. For the $, this was definately it. Put 15 hours and 1,000 miles on it the first weekend and still could have driven more. But, got a BAD sunburn. Turbo kicked in on the highway when needed. I'm 6'5" and ability to fit me confortably was a BIG plus. Plus have room in back for 2 adults. Very LARGE trunk for small car. 2 sets of golf clubs and luggage for a weekend. Why spend 2-3x's as much when you can get the fun with this?

Hot Car
By Teaching English on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is comfortable and fun to drive. As a high school English teacher, I was the talk of the school when I got it. We recently took it on a trip to North Carolina. The back seat passenger wasn't very comfortable, but it was great in the front seats. It got excellent gas mileage on the trip. I highly recommend this car.

Awesome...my second Convertible Saab
By SAAB for me Baby on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second SAAB. My first Saab 900 SE Turbo was a 1997 and I drove it for three years . In Winter, I drove right by BMWs during our major blizzards and watched them spin their wheels . The seats that first drew me to the car. They are so comfortable.. I am also 6'3" and fit nicely into the SAAB with leg room to spare. Performance-wise the new 2003 is a better handling car. The cat back sport exhaust growls and she'll stay with or pass most cars. They build this particular car on the same assembly line as the Porsche Boxster...a little known Fact.

Fun in the Sun
By WillieA on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I chose my Saab convertible over the BMW 3 series for a variety of reasons. The nutshell reason is it is a better bang for the buck. The incentive laden Saab blows away the beamer from a financial perspective. The msrp of 42K for the Saab would be out of the question for me but with the money rates of its current lease and 6k in incentives, it is a no brainer.

My second 9-3
By Rodney Imai on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I previously had a 2000 9-3 and never had any problems. After the lease was up, I was happy to purchase it, but the temptation of a new car was too much, so I leased the 2003 model and am glad I did.

Best 4 seater convertible in it's class
By Patrick Lo on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great interior with lots of features. Comfortable seats, rear seating with room for 2 adults. Lots of power when turbo kicks in. Great exterior styling, not your average european / German car.

Contrarian choice that works
By pablo_lie on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car works very well in real world terms. Mixes quirkiness with practicality for a very unique formula. Nice real world performance, very good economy, hugely comfortable seats, and space for 4 adults are big plusses.

Heavy!
By magicman on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has some good features, ease of driving is not one of them. It handles like a tank, the front wheel drive makes driving this car an athletic event. It has a tendency on uneven surfaces to throw itself and you in random directions. I do like the power of the turbo but it's not enough to overshadow the work, this car is not fun to drive. Random plastic things keep falling of the dash board and if you hit a pebble with the 17inch wheels, the rims dent.

euro quality
By ernst on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I look forward to drive my Saab and use any excuse I can find to drive it instead of my wife getting behind the wheeel.We both enjoy its handling and performance and can feel the european build quality all around us.