2002 Saab 9-3 Consumer Review: **CAR IS A SOUR LEMON**

2002 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Review

SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

By shay127 on

2002 Saab 9-3 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased my '02 Saab 9-3 used and right out the car lot, it was problem after problem. It started with having to get the front right wheel bearing fixed, then the right headlight went out twice, shortly after I had to get the heating coil fixed (cold air blowing), then the air stopped working. Car stopped 3 months later on the expressway (found out I needed another fuel pump) got it fixed, 3 months later, I had to replace the Starter, left wheel bearing, control arm & ball joints on drivers side, CV Shaft, Spring Coil Sensor for Check Engine light, Brake Pads & Rotors, but the biggest problem is a Starting Issue. The car will randomly NOT start for about 15 minutes. No one knows why:(

I am so unhappy with this car, I truly cannot say I like anything. The radio display does not work and from my understanding if a saab dealer doesn't replace it, it's connected to about 10 other electrical parts in the car, and a 3rd party could damage a lot more in the car by fixing the radio.

Everything on this car is horrible. I am very disappointed. That start up issue is a MAJOR problem. There is no reason that I have had everything on the car fixed that could possibly be wrong, but the car won't start. I've been told it may be a faulty security reading on my car, but to have to play russion roullete everytime I get in my car to figure out if it's going to start with my children in town in the cold Chicago weather is embarrassing. I will NEVER purchase, nor will I recommend a Saab to anyone I know.
By lionqueen
on 10/24/12 22:32 PM (PDT)

I am so thankful I found this page. I loved the Saab 9-3 so much I almost didn't listen to my mechanic when he strongly advised me not to buy it. Reading these posts makes me realize I almost made a big mistake. Appreciate that you took the time to warn others of the drawbacks. I'm back to looking for a car, and it won't be a Saab.