2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Never again
By NO MORE SAABS FOR ME on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car ALWAYS has something wrong with it. You will never stop spending money on repairs.

Great Convertible
By Andrew on 04/25/10 16:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchaced my SAAB in 2006 with 50000 miles. The car now has 85000 and has had few problems besides routine repairs (front brakes, new battery, tires) the only problem I have had is the digits burning out on the Saab Information Display (SID). I sent the unit away for inexpensive repair and have had no further problems. I change the oil regularly and use synthetic. The car is fun to drive, convertible hood works well. Great engine. Sufficient power from the turbo. The suspension is not as good as the 3 series BMW but on the whole I am very pleasd. The car depreciates rapidly intitially making it a great used car bet.

Our new toy!
By SAAB-BOB on 06/28/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We bought our convertible 9-3 a couple months ago and we love it. The car gets good gas mileage (23-25MPG) around town where it is mostly driven. The handling is great and the turbo pickup is excellent. This is my first SAAB and am enjoying every moment of ownership. The pricing is so good on used SAABs that you can't go wrong. If your on the fence just do it..buy the car and have fun. Life is too short not to enjoy a little topless driving in the sun. They say once you own a SAAB you'll own another...I'm starting to believe it now. Do your homework, make sure the car you buy is of quality and go for it!

From dream to nightmare
By Gullable on 01/29/08 18:44 PM (PST)

2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This was my dream car until I bought one (used). It's fun to drive, but not at all the luxury car I expected it to be. Over $1500 spent in repairs in 1 year on a 6 year old car with under 60K miles: alternator, exhaust pipe, headliner clips, headlights (always dim, have to replace every 3 months), digital display fading, dash cracked, cupholder broke off, irritating squealing noise from AC fan, humming sound from glove box, roof channels rainwater into my lap, emblems are faded. Payments are too high to be this disappointed. An extended warranty is a must with this car.

Nice, Nice, NIce
By henry on 07/24/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We have been looking for a convertible which I fit into. I am 6'9" and am able to drive and ride comfortably. The car is one of my favorites for styling & perfomance. 2.0 liter is amazing bullet proof and the auto shifts smooth and is fun to drive. If you want a nicely priced used convertible the Saab is 2nd to none.

Fun - shoddy build for the price
By YazMan on 04/19/06 18:04 PM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love the engine - that's about it. Bad tires, soft suspension. Horrible fit and finish. I have had to go to the dealership 20+ in the first 2 years - all covered but who needs the hassle in a 30-40K car. If you are buying you must get extended warranty or get rid of it before the warranty expires.

Fun car, but not too sporty
By Jeff on 11/26/05 11:27 AM (PST)

2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is one of the most reliable cars I have owned. In over 3 years of owning this car, outside of normal maintenance, which by the way was included in the lease, I have had no problems. Tires and brakes need replacement at 27K to 30K miles. Interior had minor integrity issues, but again, all covered when brought in for service. The interior and top squeak in the winter months; I guess to be expected in a convertible. The back seat is spacious for a convertible and one of the main reasons I bought this car. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a nice, reliable 4 passenger convertible. If looking for a more sport riding convertible, go with the Viggen or Bimmer convertible

She's my Saababy
By AT Hiker on 10/21/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

She's so sweet ... she's so fine ... and I'm glad that she is mine! I had a 1995 Saab SE Turbo convertible that I loved so much that when she started to get "long in the tooth" I traded her in on this newer version. Fast! Fun! Luxurious yet has a true sports car feel! Unbelievable gas mileage (30's on the highway) and I constantly get comments from old and young alike, "Nice car"! She is everything a summer car should be.

awesome
By linda g on 03/19/05 21:37 PM (PST)

2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Saab. Wanted a convertible. Test drove and purchased in 20 minutes. Fun to drive, especially S mode. Classy lines and would be difficult to match snobby look when behind the wheel.

Great Value
By djpower on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saab 9-3 Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great vale for your money! If you want a conv that is fun to drive and has great looks this is the car to have. In the two years that I have had the car I have not had one problem.