2001 Saab 9-3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Saab 2001
By Phylclar on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saab 9-3 Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Outstanding value for the price- all th efeatures of a luxury car with superior performance to boot.

Great Car - Poor Build Quality
By Mark T on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Saab 9-3 Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car came off the assembly line with a squeek over the right rear door. Glassman Saab has been great, working to fix the problem several times. They tell me there is a missing weld on the over the door handle. They fix it but it always comes back. Other than that, I love the car. But to drive a car with a squeek for 3 years is really irritating. Dispite this I will give the new 9-3 a look.

Pretty Happy
By DCISCouts on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Saab 9-3 Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my 9-3 in October of 2001. We got no snow, so I didn't get to test out the TCS. I love the exhilerating performance!!

Safety, Performance, Reliability = SAAB
By fredf on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Saab 9-3 Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have enjoyed every mile of the first 25,000 for this automobile. It handles great, and provides the safety, performance, reliability and comfort to make each ride an enjoyable experience. It is a fast car, get ready to move into the fast lane; even with the minimum sized 2.0 Turbo engine. The ride is firm, but comfortable. The interior is quiet, the controls are very nice, it reminds me of the cockpit of a small airplane. The car has a powerful AC which uses an air filter prior to bringing air into the car.

Best Car I have ever owned...awesome
By Saab2001 on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Saab 9-3 Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great Car! It is the best car I have ever owwned. Trully awesome.

Rattle trap
By snaab93se1 on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Saab 9-3 Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car rattled more and more as time went on and the dealer could care less about fixing them. Also had front supension problems, the information display LED got moisture behind it and had to be replaced and the check engine light came on during a u-turn. Stay away from this one..its a headache waiting to happen

Lots of Miles; Lots of Fun!
By zztopgun on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saab 9-3 Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This Saab 9-3 is a solidly built quality vehicle. The handling is responsive and the styling exceeded my expectations.

Fun. Practical. Unique.
By John D. on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saab 9-3 Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Base model has power to spare and turbo is a rush. Car merges practicality (safety, mileage, storage capacity) with pure fun. Car offers unique styling and near-luxury for the price of a boring Japenese family sedan.

A great, unique, fun car.
By SweedFan on 03/13/02 14:20 PM (PST)

2001 Saab 9-3 Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have been a Volvo driver since I stared driving and buying cars. This is, in fact, the first non-Volvo I have owned though I have driven dozens of other cars. I can say without hesitation that this is one of the better cars I've driven. The quality and safety are similar or superior to the pre-Ford Volvos. A great if relatively unknown car. I like this car more than I even expected when I bought it. Unique styling adds to the fun in my book.