Used 2000 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Fun to drive no fun on your wallet
By Kabir

2000 Saab 9-3 Viggen Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Owning my Viggen was like being addicted to a drug. You know it's bad but you cant get rid of it. It was the most fun to drive car I ever owned. I've had an older Porsche and many BMW's but the Saab blew them away when it came to fun. I had to replace the engine at 120,000km ($8000repair bill) then a piston went 5 months later. My dad had a 9-5 at the same time and had nothing but trouble also. Stay away from these car's GM ruined them. If you want a Saab look for a pre 1991 model that's when they were reliable. On a positive my Viggen got AMAZING fuel economy for a turbo car. I once got 1012 km on one tank of gas on a road trip.

Styling, Color I had lighting blue, Interior seats and dash layout. Turbo performance. Gas mileage. Owning a unique car.

Engine Reliability, better warranty and customer service from dealer.

Safety and a Sports car
By Musashi R. Sadler

2000 Saab 9-3 SE HO Turbo 4dr Hatchback

To start off, the saab is my first car. I got it a year ago during my senior year of highschool, and ever since then I have love every bit of it. My only problem with it is that it is a little worn. There are some airflow issues and the radiator was leaking but these were not manufacturing flaws but probably from the former owner(s). I wish I could have drove it when it was new but sadly I can't. Oh and these cars are pretty strong, because yesterday I got rear ended pretty hard by a honda accord and came out with just a dent and scratches on the rear bumper... can't say much for the honda though. So if your teenager wants a car you should go for this one, you get safety and a sports car.

Turbo Turbo Turbo!!! and the manual shifting is pretty good.

Fine Saab Properly Maintained
By SPKorn

2000 Saab 9-3 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I've owned this Saab 9-3 since new. It has been trouble-free...and more trouble-free than our Acura. Have performed all factory maintenance and 3 oil changes a year. Great mileage with manual trans, and heated fabric seats is unique. Marvelous in snow. Timeless hatchback styling. Would buy again, but concerned whether Saab will be around. Too bad.

Heated fabric seats.

Cruise control that remains on.

Fun Fun fun
By Legin

2000 Saab 9-3 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I have had nothing but good experiences with my Saab, sure, a few minor things have worn out, but you have to expect some maintenance. It's fantastically fun to drive and if you can stay off the turbo it is possible to get over 31 mpg on the highway.

Turbo. The ability to take a 15 mph hit on the rear bumper in which the car that hit me was undriveable and I just had some scratches on the bumper cover.

Shameful
By getts45

2000 Saab 9-3 SE HO Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I would expect a lot more out of a car that claims to be an upperscale car. Been a constant nightmare since purchased. While driving it home from the dealer it broke down- $300 repair. Two months later again. $700 repair. then twice more each over $150 repairs. It rides clunky, choppy and stiff, rattles and the body hardware is terrible: door jams wear easily, under the wheelwells wear to the bare metal, and the only good thing is the power and fuel economy and the looks of it. Stay away from this car!

Power, ignition, stereo, looks