Used 2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Auto
By myhooptie

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Over all the car was great for what I needed it for. Had a lot of problems with the front wheel hub and bearing assembly. I had to replace the same wheel hub twice in less than 10,000 miles. I am pretty sure that all of them were going bad and i only had 160000 miles on it and the fuel pump went out on me. I also had to change out the radiator before 150000 mile. There was a problem with the driver seatbelt which made me want to get rid of it. I thought that because it was not american built that i would get at least 200000 miles out of it. Not even close. This car was not built for car seats at all. My kid tried to put his car seat up front

Favorite Features

Tan leather interior was built to last.Turbo Sports feature that allowed me to take on BMW's, Merceds and even a Dodge Chargers. Winter feature that allowed me to drive in Chicago's most horrific snow. You can run this car on High Mileage oil before 50,0000 miles and it will treat you like a king for the rest of the ownership.I went 10,000 miles with no oil change and the mechanic couldn't even tell. Seats almost reclined to180 degrees. Amazing when you're pulling into a rest stop on a long drive. Looks very business casual. Amazing trunk space

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, Interior space, Sound system, dependability, pricing. Wheel hub assembly, Radiator. Headlights,starter and neutral safety switch.

Excellent car
By chris

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I was kind of skeptical about buying this vehicle because I had heard repairs are too expensive. However, I have driven this car everywhere in the last 6 months and it has been great. has not let me down at all, I have put 15 thousand miles in the last 6 months, bought it with 126 thousand. if you do all the preventive maintenance on a SAAB, it will last a very long time.

Favorite Features

love the turbo, the quietest/smoothest ride I have had from a 4-cylinder engine. really like the comfort of the seats

Suggested Improvements

as every one else probably has noticed, the info display goes out. not a big deal.

Safety and a Sports car
By Musashi R. Sadler

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback SE HO Turbo 4dr Hatchback

To start off, the saab is my first car. I got it a year ago during my senior year of highschool, and ever since then I have love every bit of it. My only problem with it is that it is a little worn. There are some airflow issues and the radiator was leaking but these were not manufacturing flaws but probably from the former owner(s). I wish I could have drove it when it was new but sadly I can't. Oh and these cars are pretty strong, because yesterday I got rear ended pretty hard by a honda accord and came out with just a dent and scratches on the rear bumper... can't say much for the honda though. So if your teenager wants a car you should go for this one, you get safety and a sports car.

Favorite Features

Turbo Turbo Turbo!!! and the manual shifting is pretty good.

Fine Saab Properly Maintained
By SPKorn

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I've owned this Saab 9-3 since new. It has been trouble-free...and more trouble-free than our Acura. Have performed all factory maintenance and 3 oil changes a year. Great mileage with manual trans, and heated fabric seats is unique. Marvelous in snow. Timeless hatchback styling. Would buy again, but concerned whether Saab will be around. Too bad.

Favorite Features

Heated fabric seats.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control that remains on.

Fun Fun fun
By Legin

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I have had nothing but good experiences with my Saab, sure, a few minor things have worn out, but you have to expect some maintenance. It's fantastically fun to drive and if you can stay off the turbo it is possible to get over 31 mpg on the highway.

Favorite Features

Turbo. The ability to take a 15 mph hit on the rear bumper in which the car that hit me was undriveable and I just had some scratches on the bumper cover.