2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Auto
By myhooptie on 05/19/11 05:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Over all the car was great for what I needed it for. Had a lot of problems with the front wheel hub and bearing assembly. I had to replace the same wheel hub twice in less than 10,000 miles. I am pretty sure that all of them were going bad and i only had 160000 miles on it and the fuel pump went out on me. I also had to change out the radiator before 150000 mile. There was a problem with the driver seatbelt which made me want to get rid of it. I thought that because it was not american built that i would get at least 200000 miles out of it. Not even close. This car was not built for car seats at all. My kid tried to put his car seat up front

Excellent car
By chris on 08/30/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I was kind of skeptical about buying this vehicle because I had heard repairs are too expensive. However, I have driven this car everywhere in the last 6 months and it has been great. has not let me down at all, I have put 15 thousand miles in the last 6 months, bought it with 126 thousand. if you do all the preventive maintenance on a SAAB, it will last a very long time.

Safety and a Sports car
By Musashi R. Sadler on 02/05/10 10:09 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback SE HO Turbo 4dr Hatchback

To start off, the saab is my first car. I got it a year ago during my senior year of highschool, and ever since then I have love every bit of it. My only problem with it is that it is a little worn. There are some airflow issues and the radiator was leaking but these were not manufacturing flaws but probably from the former owner(s). I wish I could have drove it when it was new but sadly I can't. Oh and these cars are pretty strong, because yesterday I got rear ended pretty hard by a honda accord and came out with just a dent and scratches on the rear bumper... can't say much for the honda though. So if your teenager wants a car you should go for this one, you get safety and a sports car.

Fine Saab Properly Maintained
By SPKorn on 07/28/09 15:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I've owned this Saab 9-3 since new. It has been trouble-free...and more trouble-free than our Acura. Have performed all factory maintenance and 3 oil changes a year. Great mileage with manual trans, and heated fabric seats is unique. Marvelous in snow. Timeless hatchback styling. Would buy again, but concerned whether Saab will be around. Too bad.

Fun Fun fun
By Legin on 01/24/09 17:51 PM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I have had nothing but good experiences with my Saab, sure, a few minor things have worn out, but you have to expect some maintenance. It's fantastically fun to drive and if you can stay off the turbo it is possible to get over 31 mpg on the highway.

Shameful
By getts45 on 08/20/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback SE HO Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I would expect a lot more out of a car that claims to be an upperscale car. Been a constant nightmare since purchased. While driving it home from the dealer it broke down- $300 repair. Two months later again. $700 repair. then twice more each over $150 repairs. It rides clunky, choppy and stiff, rattles and the body hardware is terrible: door jams wear easily, under the wheelwells wear to the bare metal, and the only good thing is the power and fuel economy and the looks of it. Stay away from this car!

Love em or Hate em
By BDCT97 on 05/24/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Turbo 4dr Hatchback

We bought our Certified Used 2000 9-3 in 2004. Phenomenal dealer service but, constantly in for repair. As most Saab owners its the car you love and hate. Few cars have the sport, luxury and utility, (hatchback) of the car and 30mpg is easy on the highway. We have logged 99k and are thinking of trading. I drove a 05 9-3 Arc and its seats aren't as nice and although it has 210 hp, somehow my 2000 with 185 hp seems just as fast. I still haven't made up my mind to keep it but Ive been given an offer on an 05 Volvo S60 AWD and hands down a nicer car than the 05 9-3. I'll miss the Saab service, but as often as they see me, they didn't offer a great deal on the 05 9-3, Volvo did :)

It's what you know about high output
By derekdrl on 05/21/08 21:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Turbo 4dr Hatchback

First of all I hear people talking about sludge in a turbo motor, only thing is if you ask 90% of them people they were using conv. Oil (its a high output motor that needs synthetic motor oil) 2nd thing is there are some things wrong like the hud (heads up display) big deal, but in comparison to other vehicles in class small problems are worth the 10k in savings, I've made my Saab a full blown race car and beat it up pretty bad and things have gone wrong but the heart of the vehicle is as strong as the day I bought it. So what I'm saying is if you are cheap on parts and service (I. E. - synthetic oil every 3k miles and premium gas then that's what happens). It's not a Ford!

stay away from this car
By Anna on 05/15/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I must say , it is a great car if it is drivable. Everything in this car broke, starting with trunk lock and ending with the engine. The extended warranty for oil sludge is the biggest scam. The Saab admits that there is the problem but at the same time they the requirement for the warranty is all oil change receipts from the beginning. I am the second owner of this car. I am missing only 2 oil receipts from the first owner ( 20,000 & 30,000 miles). The Saab Corp. refused to replace my engine because I am missing these 2 oil receipts. The worst service ever. After thousands of $$ I spent on this car , it is a junk now worth $0. I am preparing for a law suit now. Stay away from Saab

Fun to drive
By Turbolover on 12/10/06 07:38 AM (PST)

2000 Saab 9-3 Hatchback SE HO Turbo 4dr Hatchback

This car is amazing. It is extremly fun to drive. Interior is comfortable, not to mention the huge trunk space. Only problem is the display unit is starting go, a problem Saab fixed on the newer models.