Not for everyone. But for me heck yeah!
By fl81turbozx on
1999 Saab 9-3 SE HO Turbo 2dr Convertible
1st, let me say, I’m a car guy tried and true. My first love is a z, but this Saab is a blast! I bought the car as a commuter, good gas mileage, convertible, had no idea I was getting a well refined sports machine. I see mixed reviews, and I think saabs get a bad rap from people who don't understand what they are buying. If you don’t know how to take care of a turbo car, don’t buy one. If you want to compromise on maintenance (or if the previous owner did), don't buy one. If you are not enthusiastic about cars in general, buy something else. This car is an enthusiast's car. It's a blast to drive, good gas mileage is a bonus. I'm am pleasantly surprised by the 28+mpg.
Favorite Features
Much sportier than its rivals (BMW, Volvo, Mercedes). "Sportier" is not for everyone though. It's individuality Convertible!!! A downright bargain, for what you get. Front seats are very comfortable. Parts and maintenance is much cheaper than I thought. Find a local SAAB club or shop.
Suggested Improvements
Could use a little more room for my size 12 foot to work the clutch. Sid system. Pixels go out on some.