1999 Saab 9-3 Consumer Review: Not for everyone. But for me h

1999 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Review

SE HO Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Not for everyone. But for me heck yeah!
By fl81turbozx on

1999 Saab 9-3 SE HO Turbo 2dr Convertible

1st, let me say, Iím a car guy tried and true. My first love is a z, but this Saab is a blast! I bought the car as a commuter, good gas mileage, convertible, had no idea I was getting a well refined sports machine. I see mixed reviews, and I think saabs get a bad rap from people who don't understand what they are buying. If you donít know how to take care of a turbo car, donít buy one. If you want to compromise on maintenance (or if the previous owner did), don't buy one. If you are not enthusiastic about cars in general, buy something else. This car is an enthusiast's car. It's a blast to drive, good gas mileage is a bonus. I'm am pleasantly surprised by the 28+mpg.

Much sportier than its rivals (BMW, Volvo, Mercedes). "Sportier" is not for everyone though. It's individuality Convertible!!! A downright bargain, for what you get. Front seats are very comfortable. Parts and maintenance is much cheaper than I thought. Find a local SAAB club or shop.

Could use a little more room for my size 12 foot to work the clutch. Sid system. Pixels go out on some.