1999 Saab 9-3 Consumer Review: Loved my '99 Saab

1999 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Review

1999 Saab 9-3

Base 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Loved my '99 Saab
By Marie on

1999 Saab 9-3 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I bought my '99 Saab with 30,000 miles on it, had it for almost 8 years and brought it to the junkyard with 160,000 miles. It was in need of a few mechanical repairs which, although expensive I would have gladly made since I am sure the car had much life left. Unfortunately, the frame had rot on it. I learned a valuable lesson to wash salt off my car in the winter. The car was fun to drive and I will miss it. The repairs are expensive-I almost died when I paid for my first break job. However, the expensive maintenance is balanced by not having to make major repairs. At 150,000 miles I made my first repair-a fuel pump, that cost $900. I always had it maintained by a Saab specialist.

The style of the car doesn't look outdated at even 11 years old-it ages well. Loved the seats, they were heated and very comfortable. The car was reliable and good in the snow. I was felt safe in it and it never broke down on me or left me stranded once.

The inside could be a little bit roomier. I don't mind the cup holder, I just wish there was one more for the passenger.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review