2006 Saab 9-2X Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-2X model:
Make it more of a Saab!
By mdnumber32 on 12/18/09 20:20 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-2X Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car, and the fact that you don't see them all over the place, however, Saab did almost nothing to make it their own, which is really disappointing for a car company with so much personality. No problems so far after 6 months of ownership. I'm just recently finding out that the heated seats get perfectly warm very fast, and I love that they're paired with cloth upholstery. I've gone through 4 cars in the past 2 years and this is certainly the most satisfying. The sound system is horrible, and the heat and air can't really be turned up to a very high max (important for super hot and cold days).

Great purchase
By NY owner on 02/12/08 05:39 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-2X Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car, the handling and performance is excellent, and with the rebates given when the model was going out, it was an amazing purchase. I specially love cornering in twisty roads and the response in steering.

Comments on car
By nave on 11/29/07 08:03 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-2X Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is very reliable and the awd makes it fun to drive.

the 9-2X is great
By MAF-CPD on 01/18/07 12:02 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-2X Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Dollar for dollar, the best car I have owned. In addition, low production numbers (10,000 approx) should aid in holding its resale.

Aero 9-2X
By mpk on 01/14/07 17:04 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-2X Wagon Aero 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This has been a reliable, superb-handling, and practical car. The aero has great acceleration - the turbo is well-engineered from Subaru's boxer line. Great on dry pavement and on snow.

Saab 9-2x Aero
By Teresa on 11/18/06 06:22 AM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-2X Wagon Aero 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I enjoy my Saab. It is a roomy car for my active life style. I can easily fit my bike in the back or on top with the racks. It is very reliable and a fun to drive car.

saab 92-x
By davidreaume on 11/04/06 22:46 PM (PST)

2006 Saab 9-2X Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Both my wife and I love this car. The utility and fun to drive is unsurpassed.

Saaberration
By Pete on 10/27/06 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-2X Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is definitely an aberration from the typical Saab lineup. Albeit a quick way for Saab to get an AWD to market, it still leans heavily towards Fuji Heavy Industries. Ironic that both companies originally made aircraft. Saab's adjustment to the exterior, gearing, steering, and suspension definitely paid off. It's handling was excellent. It loved to be pushed and responded well to pinning it centripetally into corners with acceleration. On the other hand, it was loud and the interior was most definitely Subaru. After professionally soundproofing all 4 doors, it was still noisy.

9-2X is not for everyone
By Kenpost on 10/02/06 11:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-2X Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

All that says Saab is not Saab. I may have had an exception but even my friends who drive Subarus discribe their experience differently. My 9-2X had a very annoying gear hum that over shadowed any other good qualites. The auto transmission was 20 years behind the times in techno. At low speeds it seemed to always be looking for the right gear. GM has has acted wisely in dropping this model from the future Saab line up. I have followed their lead and traded it after only 1 month.

Good all wheel drive wagon
By Joe Yu on 08/31/06 06:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Saab 9-2X Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive and the reliability is excellent. The interior of the car is cheap appearing. The all wheel drive is very good in the snow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.