Saabaru NOT at it's Finest
By KJReynolds on
2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Having owned 4 previous Saabs, this Saab is not their best by any means - nor is it up to Saab standards. I "downtraded" my Saab 9.5 Linear to save $150 on monthly car note - definelty not worth it! I drive 100 mi/day tho it is mostly highway driving. I feel every road bump - road noise - engine noise - not a comfy car by any means. I'm getting worse gas mileage, 25mpg (is a 5 speed) compared to 30 on the 9.5 - and it's a very small fuel tank annoys me to fill up every 3-4 days. I've never driven a Subaru - but I think this car is a Saab in a Halloween costume. I just hope it ends up being as reliable as my others - it better make up for the lack of comfort.
Favorite Features
At least I still have heated seats, leather and plenty room in the hatch (like I ride back there). Improved cupholder up front. It does handle/steer well for the size and I have AWD - but ??? I need it in Houston ??? Great headlamps :) woohoo
Suggested Improvements
Seats are too hard for long distance driving. Not enough room in the footwell - hard to get adjusted with the clutch. Sounds very "cheap" when you shut the doors-not solid at all. Need better fuel consumption for the size. No cupholders in back seat; storage pockets way too small. A commuter car period!