2005 Saab 9-2X 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Revenge of the Nerd

2005 Saab 9-2X - Consumer Review

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Revenge of the Nerd
By JD94 on

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Remember freshman year of high school, when the nerdiest, scrawniest kid from junior high walked into homeroom, huge with a mustache? That's what this car reminds me of. At first glance, it looks like a harmless suby impreza wagon, look again, it's a wrx, one more peak, is that a saab? The 92x is a great car. It is fun to drive, handles well in all climates, it can get decent gas mileage, and if pushed, can accelerate like a fighter jet. I was trying to explain what it looked like to a coworker, and the first thing that came to my mind was, my car is Mini Me on steroids. But in reality, it is built like a pug and runs like a greyhound.

Favorite Features

It's very responsive, I never feel like the car is arguing with me. On an open windy road, I can't imagine a vehicle that's more enjoyable to drive. For the price now with the GM incentives, where else can you get all wheel drive, turbo, abs and side airbags for under $20,000?

Suggested Improvements

Well, the seats are taking me some time to get use to, they're a little awkward, but Saab added features to reduce whiplash so I like that. I'd prefer heavier doors and a little more legroom if possible.