No regrets with Linear model
By happy on
2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Just traded my SUV in for this. I was looking for a unique car under 20 grand that had the best blend of performance, economy, style, and either awd or 4wd. The only tough question was to go for the Aero or Linear. Turbo sounds nice but I'm done with paying for premium fuel. Plus the Linear averages 25-32 mpg on 87 octane. The Aero barely beats my SUV and requires prem fuel. The Linear will still snap your neck back into the headrest off the line and 5th gear is strong enough to conquer steep grade hills without the need to downshift. Overall fewer luxury options than most premium brands but it has all the basics. Heated seats, 6 disc changer, and decent leather will do me just fine.
Favorite Features
AWD control, unique! Only 8,000 made for the world, two tone leather, xenon headlamps, Subaru for grown-ups. Tons of performance without the turbo expense. Subaru reliability with european styling.
Suggested Improvements
Fog lamps are purely cosmetic. They barely illuminate 10 ft in front and the sides of the car. That's about it!