2005 Saab 9-2X Consumer Review: Great car and value

2005 Saab 9-2X - Consumer Review

Aero Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

Great car and value
By Chad on

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We just purchased our 9-2x Aero and have been extremely satisfied. We purchased under GM's Employee Discount promotion for approx. $8000 below MSRP. Thus, we have a premium label, upgraded stereo, climate control, etc.,arguably better looks and handling with the same engine performance and reliability as the WRX, all for $1000s less. Many articles have been written about the car's performance, so I'll just say it is very quick and has excellent handling. The AWD is a useful feature on the slick Seattle streets. Up until the promotion I was set on a sedan (Legacy GT or TSX), but the value was too good to pass up and now I have to admit I really like the styling and driving something unique.

Favorite Features

Power, ride, premium brand, value, handling, AWD, stereo, Satin Grey Metallic paint, Functional 5 door design, Excellent dealer experience, Free maintenance, Roadside Assistance, 4 Year Warranty, Seats.

Suggested Improvements

There is some turbo lag that could be eliminated. Keeping the RPMs above 3000 minimizes it. I actually don't mind it that much as I can easily identify when the turbo is engaging and shift before to maximize fuel economy. The clutch could have a shorter "throw" and an earlier engagement.