Beware of the 9-2x's out there.
By FrankFromCT on
2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I bought a new 9-2x with GM's employee discount, thinking it would be a steal, but my experience has been unpleasant and I've only had the car for 3 weeks. Since a lot of these cars have been sitting on the lots for a year, my car had flat spots in the tires and scratches all over it from just sitting. My selling dealer has left me out in the cold, completely blowing me off and leaving me with a vehicle that's in poor condition. During the time of my purchase, I wasn't able to inspect or drive the exact vehicle and instead offered a demo to evaluate. I never thought my new vehicle would be in such bad condition although brand new. Buyers beware of the condition, inspect before you purchase.
Favorite Features
The steering is very sharp and precise. Interior fabric is well done. The shifter has a precise feel. Engine and road noise are well muted verses the Subaru Impreza. The ride is smooth, yet handling is more than capable in all situations.
Suggested Improvements
The dash should be improved over the Impreza. Center console ignition and night panel are a must for Saabs, but this car is lacking those two distinct features. I would also like to see a Saab integrated key with remote, instead of the separate key and remote from Subaru.