2005 Saab 9-2X - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-2X model:
Su-baab
By ScottB on 10/29/05 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I would have bought the Impreza wagon but, the seats were too narrow. However, the Saab Leather seats are slightly wider, much more comfortable. What astounds me about this car is the fuel mileage. I drive pretty quickly in town, and get 29-30. On the highway, I get up to 34 mpg. Wow.

Nice Car
By Derek on 10/27/05 14:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking for something practical but fun the 9-2x is a good choice. I am 23 and very active in basketball and baseball and the 9-2x can fit all my gear plus a few friends. Also I plan on owning this car for a long time so it is nice to know I can grow into it as well.

Fun drive no goofy styling
By jon on 10/08/05 11:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 9-2x is a Subaru Impreza we all know that. However, it shares components from the WRX a cult followed vehicle for its fun drive and good performance. The Saab offers the same features as the best WRX on all models of the 9-2x. The syling is much improved over the Subaru especial the 2.5 sport model of the the outback or whatever. With discounts from dealers it is not to much more then the subaru but is much better in fit and finish in small details. A better performer then the Impreza. Equal to the WRX if you opt for the turbo and a nice in between if you get the linear.

Awesome little rocket
By phillyexpat on 10/05/05 15:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Wow... so I wanted the Aero, but only wanted to pay for the Linear. This car still is a rocket and such a blast to drive. While it may not be quite as solid as a BMW costing 20k more, it handles just as assuredly. I love this car so much.

Saabaru Wagon
By Jim on 10/05/05 09:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for company trips. So far it has been good. Decent cargo room, nice leather interior, xenon headlights are great. Not a performance car by any means but will get you from point A to B while letting you have a good amount of fun with the 5sp.

Conservative hotrod
By L. Zeitlin on 10/04/05 10:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Saab Aero 92x is just the thing for senior citizens who want to recapture their youthful love affair with high performance automobiles yet not flaunt their second childhood in front of their neighbors. Encased in an attractive, upscale yet conservative, body lies the mechanicals of the firebreating Subaru WRX. This implies wonderfully responsive AWD handling, breathtaking midrange acceleration, near felony range top speed, and good reliability. And when you park the car you go back to being a responsible member of society. The only giveaway is the turbo scoop on the hood. There are few downsides except the requirement for premium gas. This is the penalty for the adventure.

Excellent deal for the money
By 92xaero on 09/26/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Picked up my Aero 5mt early July, 2005 and have already put about 4400 miles on it. The car is a lot of fun to drive and a bargain for the less than $20k that I paid. Engine pulls strongly above 3000rpm and puts a smile on my face every time. Shifter is a little notchy but is getting better with use. Lower gears are spaced a little too far apart which needs them to be revved higher before upshifts for max performance. Interior is spartan by Saab standards, but quite adequate at its price point. Huge selection of WRX aftermarket bolt-on/tuning parts make it very easy to upgrade power and handling at reasonable prices. All in all, an excellent ride at a very affordable price!

Great little commuter car
By 9-2Xtra on 09/21/05 14:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car to save on gas, but have fun while doing it. It is dead- on-target for me. I haven't tested the AWD in snow yet, but you can't make it slip in the wet at all. Also, this car is closely related to Subaru Impreza/WRX, so performance modifications from mild to monstrous are readily possible - the parts are there. I really feel like I took 20 years off my age when I bought this car. It is that much fun to drive. The Linear doesn't require premium fuel like the Aero, either, so that tradeoff worked in my favor as well. If you can find one of these, you owe it to yourself to test-drive it.

BEST BUY
By CHLLR on 09/20/05 22:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent combination of Saab inspired good looks, quiet cabin and Subaru practicality, sporty performance, race proven chassis design and reliability. Umpteen suppliers from aftermarket for Impreza WRX souped-up parts.

Just O.K.
By Russ on 09/19/05 12:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

First of all I'm a 21 year old college student. Its a black Aero with Cold & premium pkgs. I got this car myself it's my 1st car and couldn't wait to get it. With the employee pricing it was hard to pass up. But to that I add I should've gotten the new "06" Civc this car feels very questionable in the quality department. It's very slow off the line you have to practically floor it at every light to get it going which cancelled out the fuel efficiency of the 4cyl that it has as opposed to the "06" v6 eclipse i wanted it's the same MPG. The steering is said to be direct aka "Not enough power steering boost". I don't how Saab even thought this car would sell for 30k !!!