Used 2005 Saab 9-2X Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-2X model:

2005 Saab 9-2x
By Sarah MacKinnon

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I love this car; the seats adjust well and vision is good for both of us as drivers (he is 6'2" and I'm 5'2"). For the basic car, this is well equipped with front and rear air bags, ABS and moonroof. The car is fun to drive, handles extremely well and is superb in winter driving (which we get in Nova Scotia).

Favorite Features

ABS and All Wheel Drive. I feel safer driving this car in the snow than I ever did in our Ranger or Jeep Liberty (4WD).

Suggested Improvements

The rear defrost is a little weak; the car is always steaming up in the winter. Also, this car does not to start in rain or very cold weather; it's happier in a garge. Our very basic/cheap Ford Ranger starts much easier in bad weather.

Just a car
By RLW

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

the 2005 Saab Linear is fairly reliable and provides good gas mileage. However this car provides little if any driving enjoyment. I drive 35,000 miles annually and it didn't take long for the negative details of this car to outweigh the positive. The sound system is poor at best, the interior materials are low end economy car quality (I know if is an Impreza, but still) and the ride is noisy (yes, I have tried different tires). These elements coupled with a low fun to drive quotient strikes the Saab off of my future purchase list.

Favorite Features

AWD

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials quality, incessant new and continuing rattles. Road Noise. Sound System.

My 9-2X
By Bret

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car wish it came with leather seats in the 05 model. I like the Subaru engine and look. Runs very fast and agile. Needs a little better interior design like the new Saab's have to make it more expensive/Saab looking up to the Saab standard not Subaru standards.

No regrets with Linear model
By happy

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded my SUV in for this. I was looking for a unique car under 20 grand that had the best blend of performance, economy, style, and either awd or 4wd. The only tough question was to go for the Aero or Linear. Turbo sounds nice but I'm done with paying for premium fuel. Plus the Linear averages 25-32 mpg on 87 octane. The Aero barely beats my SUV and requires prem fuel. The Linear will still snap your neck back into the headrest off the line and 5th gear is strong enough to conquer steep grade hills without the need to downshift. Overall fewer luxury options than most premium brands but it has all the basics. Heated seats, 6 disc changer, and decent leather will do me just fine.

Favorite Features

AWD control, unique! Only 8,000 made for the world, two tone leather, xenon headlamps, Subaru for grown-ups. Tons of performance without the turbo expense. Subaru reliability with european styling.

Suggested Improvements

Fog lamps are purely cosmetic. They barely illuminate 10 ft in front and the sides of the car. That's about it!

It does all you need a car to do
By lt

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 9-2x does everything you want a car to do; it hauls stuff, transports people comfortably and is fun to drive!

Favorite Features

The heated seats and AWD are great in the winter. The two-tone leather seats do not heat up in the summer.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 options