2005 Saab 9-2X - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-2X model:
Saabaru 9-2x
By John on 03/29/07 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a great little car the only problems I had when I bought it was that the tires bubbled in under 10000 miles and I had to replace them with performance tires because no good tire company makes all weather tires for this car but bridgestone and they were the original tires.

14 Months of Ownership
By Jm94 on 08/19/06 07:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had the Silver Bullet for 14 months before I traded it in. The 92x is a very fun car to drive. On an open winding road, I can't imagine a better vehicle. It also handles extremely well in the rain. Every day use though is a different story. In stop and go traffic, it beats you up. I took a 5 hour road trip and found that it performed much better on the highway than I expected, but by hour 4, my back, shoulders and neck hurt so much I couldn't wait. Turbolag is poor, slow off the line, from 30-70 in 3rd gear, it's an F16, arguably one of the fastest cars on the road. Bottom line, this car is like driving a race car. What it lacks in comfort, it makes up for in fun.

Saab 9-2x
By gerry davis on 08/06/06 19:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The interior is very plain and understated, very few bells or whistles. The seats are very tight fitting, almost like race seats. This is a good feature when cornering hard as you don't slide in the seat at all. For those who are somewhat ample in the posteror region they might be uncomfortable. The seat fabric is very very prone to coffee stains, Saab could have thought this out better. My guess is that the demographic who buys this car also drinks a lot of coffee. The car is fun to drive with ample horse power and great handling. The awd is awesome in snow.

Great buy
By Gina on 07/29/06 11:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Love the free oil changes and maintenance. Have not had one problem except using the wrong gasoline. Must use detergent gasoline (Shell, Amoco, etc). non-detergent gasoline will slow start-ups. Very comfortable car.

Resolving a midlife crisis
By L. Zeitlin on 04/20/06 07:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a "Q" boat of a car. It packages the firebreathing performance of the Subaru WRX in a skin that you would not be reluctant to drive to a meeting at the Harvard Club. I can recapture the sports car days of my youth yet remain outwardly respectable. The build quality is excellent and the car has proven ultimately reliable. Fuel economy is good but every time you use the blazing acceleration, it's like throwing a 50 cent piece out the window.

Better than it's WRX cousin
By apowell on 04/19/06 05:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Purchased the car during in July 2005, and have been very happy with everything, except turbo lag. The 2006 model gets a larger engine and should fix this problem. The car performs very well, so well that in snow and ice I can punch the gas and the 9-2x flys off the line. I also like the interior, easy to read gauges and very supportive seats (much better than WRX seats), also I chose the cold weather package w/ heated seats. The WRX only offers heated seats w/ the limited package (a $2000 option on WRX)!!!

Fit for me and fun to drive
By sagebrush on 02/18/06 17:35 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I choose this car for fit to my driving style, safety and fun to drive. I like a manual, compact car and the styling suited my step up from traditional GM cars. I knew it was a Saaburu - but for someone who wanted a manual 5 sp with AWD, and didn't look like a boy's car (I'm middle-aged professional woman), the 9-2X is a kick to drive. I feel safe with some fun power. I hit a deer doing 50 mph and the car didn't even quiver (the windshield didn't fare too well - but held). While I don't disagree with the reviews - I still love my car - and that is what counts.

Rockin' Pocket Rocket
By Aaron Clow on 02/06/06 14:04 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

As soon as I found out Subaru was making a Saab, I had to have one. Subaru reliability + saab styling/tuning have lived up to promise. Zero issues in 15000 miles so far. I always felt safe, even going out in the heavy snows last winter here in NY. Love the sound of the flat-4 with the windows down.

saabaru
By jbg on 01/19/06 09:51 AM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

a great car that, with the GM incentives, was less money than the Subaru that it copies. plus it is much better looking - the nose-job makes a BIG difference - and you get Saab's service. interior a bit stark, but a good value for the money when you consider the all wheel drive. if getting the 2.5, be SURE to get manual - auto is VERY sluggish. Love that saab once again has a hatch-back.

9-2X happiness
By Svenka Aeroplan AB on 01/14/06 21:23 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Everyone wants to know if the 9-2X is worth the price premium over the Subaru Impreza wagon which it is based. It depends on what is important to the owner. GM/Saab definitely overpriced the 9-2X at first, but late summer incentives convinced me to buy. I really wanted a hatchback (3-door), but no automaker seems to want to offer this handy configuration anymore. So the 9-2X gives me two extra doors i will never need for hauling the two of us to the park, skiing, or on a weekend trip. Fuel economy predictably stinks for a car this size, but part of that is due to the desire of the driver to truly exercise the peppy engine and actually utilise the all-wheel-drive. Overall, the 9-2x is superb!