Used 2005 Saab 9-2X Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-2X model:

Like it so far
By Jay Kanabar

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car. I have a 9-3 as well and compared with that I feel that the steering and control is far superior.

Favorite Features

Control over the road. AWD.

Great car
By amie

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have been slamming the miles on this car which now has 151,000. I have had no problems other than replacing the tires. The paint on the hood peeled and Saab finally agreed to re paint the hood. It is a fast car and I get a lot of compliments on it. It still looks new when I clean it up. Would do it all over again

Favorite Features

Two toned seat. Cup holders. Hood scoop

Suggested Improvements

More comfort in seats, i drive a lot

Great all-rounder
By HK

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just finished a 5 day drive from Michigan to Alberta in this vehicle, and I would do it again, no hesitation. The car performed admirably, as it has always done. It's been great in the snow (though I thought it was better the first winter;I expect the new tires will help), always reliable, and looks a lot better than the Subaru. The car's Achilles heel is the 4 speed auto transmission. It feels unrefined, and brings the average down a bit. I hoped for better fuel economy (20 city, 26 hwy), and replaced the very weak factory stereo. But over all, it's a great car which I intend to keep for a long time.

Favorite Features

Swedish style with Japanese reliability, 2-tone interior.

Suggested Improvements

The auto transmission. I think a 5 speed with manual mode is pretty much the norm in this segment.

Electrical Problems - beware
By Disgruntled Saab Man

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had heard Saab was reliable and the new models did have pazazz and class. Wrong. Uncomfortable seats, and from the first I had problems with electrical. After setting for 3-4 days, the battery was completely dead. Then it would be fine for a month or so; then repeat the problem. The dealer was clueless. They replaced the battery and the alternator, which I told them was not the problem. I had a Jeep once with same problem. It was a wiring problem that drained the system. But, they knew best. Finally they offered me an insulting trade down to a used VW with outrageous payments. I took it to Carmax and got a Honda. Carmax is where I now buy all of my cars (Hondas). Great place.

Favorite Features

It looked cute, and when it did start and run, performance was fine. Gas mileage was better than average. AWD feature is nice in snow and mud.

Suggested Improvements

Where to start. I would only note they no longer make that model.

Can't wait to get another one Great car!
By yoitsthegoose

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a visiting nurse that travels a lot. My 92x is a great car. I've been all over the place with it and it haven't had any problems at all. The car has 100,000 miles on it. The only thing is I wish they never stop making car. It was only in production for two years.

Favorite Features

I love everything about it!

Suggested Improvements

None. Its fine how it is.