2005 Saab 9-2X - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-2X model:
Great car
By amie on 11/08/08 18:05 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have been slamming the miles on this car which now has 151,000. I have had no problems other than replacing the tires. The paint on the hood peeled and Saab finally agreed to re paint the hood. It is a fast car and I get a lot of compliments on it. It still looks new when I clean it up. Would do it all over again

Great all-rounder
By HK on 10/13/08 23:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just finished a 5 day drive from Michigan to Alberta in this vehicle, and I would do it again, no hesitation. The car performed admirably, as it has always done. It's been great in the snow (though I thought it was better the first winter;I expect the new tires will help), always reliable, and looks a lot better than the Subaru. The car's Achilles heel is the 4 speed auto transmission. It feels unrefined, and brings the average down a bit. I hoped for better fuel economy (20 city, 26 hwy), and replaced the very weak factory stereo. But over all, it's a great car which I intend to keep for a long time.

Electrical Problems - beware
By Disgruntled Saab Man on 04/10/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had heard Saab was reliable and the new models did have pazazz and class. Wrong. Uncomfortable seats, and from the first I had problems with electrical. After setting for 3-4 days, the battery was completely dead. Then it would be fine for a month or so; then repeat the problem. The dealer was clueless. They replaced the battery and the alternator, which I told them was not the problem. I had a Jeep once with same problem. It was a wiring problem that drained the system. But, they knew best. Finally they offered me an insulting trade down to a used VW with outrageous payments. I took it to Carmax and got a Honda. Carmax is where I now buy all of my cars (Hondas). Great place.

Can't wait to get another one Great car!
By yoitsthegoose on 03/11/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a visiting nurse that travels a lot. My 92x is a great car. I've been all over the place with it and it haven't had any problems at all. The car has 100,000 miles on it. The only thing is I wish they never stop making car. It was only in production for two years.

2005 Saab 9-2x
By Sarah MacKinnon on 02/14/08 08:57 AM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I love this car; the seats adjust well and vision is good for both of us as drivers (he is 6'2" and I'm 5'2"). For the basic car, this is well equipped with front and rear air bags, ABS and moonroof. The car is fun to drive, handles extremely well and is superb in winter driving (which we get in Nova Scotia).

Just a car
By RLW on 12/29/07 18:42 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

the 2005 Saab Linear is fairly reliable and provides good gas mileage. However this car provides little if any driving enjoyment. I drive 35,000 miles annually and it didn't take long for the negative details of this car to outweigh the positive. The sound system is poor at best, the interior materials are low end economy car quality (I know if is an Impreza, but still) and the ride is noisy (yes, I have tried different tires). These elements coupled with a low fun to drive quotient strikes the Saab off of my future purchase list.

My 9-2X
By Bret on 11/25/07 13:58 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car wish it came with leather seats in the 05 model. I like the Subaru engine and look. Runs very fast and agile. Needs a little better interior design like the new Saab's have to make it more expensive/Saab looking up to the Saab standard not Subaru standards.

No regrets with Linear model
By happy on 08/01/07 14:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded my SUV in for this. I was looking for a unique car under 20 grand that had the best blend of performance, economy, style, and either awd or 4wd. The only tough question was to go for the Aero or Linear. Turbo sounds nice but I'm done with paying for premium fuel. Plus the Linear averages 25-32 mpg on 87 octane. The Aero barely beats my SUV and requires prem fuel. The Linear will still snap your neck back into the headrest off the line and 5th gear is strong enough to conquer steep grade hills without the need to downshift. Overall fewer luxury options than most premium brands but it has all the basics. Heated seats, 6 disc changer, and decent leather will do me just fine.

It does all you need a car to do
By lt on 06/03/07 19:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 9-2x does everything you want a car to do; it hauls stuff, transports people comfortably and is fun to drive!

A good but not great little car.
By Johnnymauler on 05/17/07 08:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had some problems with the tires and wheels on this car. After only about 10000 miles all of the Bridgestone tires bubbled and half my rims were bent. I had to buy new tires and aftermarket wheels. The car handles great but turbo lag and cheap seats are a downfall.