14 Months of Ownership
By Jm94 on
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I had the Silver Bullet for 14 months before I traded it in. The 92x is a very fun car to drive. On an open winding road, I can't imagine a better vehicle. It also handles extremely well in the rain. Every day use though is a different story. In stop and go traffic, it beats you up. I took a 5 hour road trip and found that it performed much better on the highway than I expected, but by hour 4, my back, shoulders and neck hurt so much I couldn't wait. Turbolag is poor, slow off the line, from 30-70 in 3rd gear, it's an F16, arguably one of the fastest cars on the road. Bottom line, this car is like driving a race car. What it lacks in comfort, it makes up for in fun.
Favorite Features
3rd gear power, excellent AWD system, never had one problem. Averaged 24 mpg, premium fuel only.
Suggested Improvements
Well, it's not being made anymore, but this car is good, but couldn't have been great. Too small up front, I'm 5'8 and felt cramped. Doors are flimsy and rattle. Short throw shifter needed. Front seats on drives over an hour are torture to sit in, back seats are big enough for smurfs only.