Used 2005 Saab 9-2X Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Saab 9-2X - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-2X model:

Great Little All Wheel Driver
By Sir DriveAlot

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this is a very competent car. I traded in my pick-up truck for an automatic Linear so I could save gas $$. So far I get around 27-28 mpg combined city and highway. This is the most stylish, inexpensive, and most efficient vehicle I could find that would get me up my steep driveway in the winter. The rear folding seats are versatile enough to handle my child seat and whatever other general items I need to haul. Acceleration is adequate, but I am not speed racer. Excellent price with the latest sdeals from GM/Saab.

All wheel drive! The upgraded stereo has pretty good sound and is easy to use. It handles great. The winter package (heated seats mirrors and wipers) will come in handy. I like the barber chair style seat adjustment. The leather seats have a nice odor. Fuel economy is great for an AWD vehicle.

I hear noises from the driveline and air conditioning. Tint the windows. A little more low end torque would be nice. Rubberized cup holders would keep bottles from rattling. I will not nit- pick this fine car anymore

Good for the discount price
By Anand

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For the $20k or so that an Aero is going for now with the discounts, you won't find a more capable car. It is not the prettiest car, inside or out, but everything is well laid out and functional.

Turbo engine, all wheel drive

There is alot of turbo lag in stock form, interior design is a little downscale, poor gas mileage

1st week
By Hoagie

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

So far, this car has been a blast to drive. The 165 hp is more than enough for my tastes. I have an hour drive, and am 6 ft, 230 lbs. No discomfort whatsoever. And 28 mph to boot. The 5 speed makes this package all the more fun.

Definitely the handling. Like it's on rails.

Center console

9-2X
By David

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 9-2x is not an Audi quattro, or an Evo, or an STi. But it doesn't have the price tag of those other AWD performance cars. What it does have is the basics that the WRX gives you, minus some of the WRX's boy racer bug-eyed-ness, plus a little swedish minimalism along with a superior warranty and maintenance program - for a few thousand dollars less than a new WRX invoice! Of course, I'm talking post-GM employee discount pricing where the numbers went south of $20K. No car is without fault, but this one suits my daily driving demands (both rationally and emotionally) better than any vehicle I've driven in the last 10 years.

Has to be the turbo when the tach is between 3 to 7 grand with Wide Open Throttle. I defy you to get closer to sport bike power-to-weight ratios for less money in a new car! Oh, and I really like the rear window washer, something my Audi wagon didn't have.

Close ratio six speed manual. The gear spacing in the 5 speed is such that you have to push the car near redline to ensure that the next gear catches sans turbo lag. A higher quality stock speaker system with better bass definition would be nice.

saab2xaero
By risacco

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Terrific bargain at gm employee price. Fun to drive, steering is best of any car I have ever owned, all wheel drive means no front wheel spin or hop on hard acceleration. Awesome acceleration in 2nd gear when turbo spooled up. Hatchback is very useful. Like having a high performance car that looks tame.

All wheel drive, acceleration

Previous car was a 2003 jetta Wolfsburg. Interior quality and features were hard to beat for the money. This should be the standard for all manufacturers to follow.