Used 2005 Saab 9-2X Linear Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Saabaru
By rkymtnhgh

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

You get everything you expect from a Subaru with some extra creature comforts and Saab style. The AWD is fantastic in inclement weather and handling and highway ride is impressive. My chief complaint is the performance of the automatic transmission. It tends to be sluggish around town and slow to kick down, especially from third gear. Family requirements necessitated an automatic, but I'd recommend the 5spd manual. Overall build quality is good, but the exterior paint chips easily and some of the interior materials could stand improvement. Two tone fabric looks slick, but stains show readily. Rear seat leg room is limited, so adult passengers may be uncomfortable on longer trips.

Favorite Features

AWD; 2.5L boxer engine; reliability; steering feel; handling; seat comfort; exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

More responsive automatic transmission; better paint quality

Keeps on ticking!.
By double75

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2005 Saab 92x Linear Automatic. I bought it way back when they had the GM employee discount for everybody. So I bought it instead of the Subaru Impreza.the mileage is over 266,000 miles and she keeps on ticking. I makes sure she is dealer tuned every year and I change the oil every 5,000 miles. I've had the rear struts changed. Right as I type this i have her in the shop. I busted three Lug Studs on the left driver rear hub while driving. While i was checking the proper torque on the other lugs, I busted another stud on the front left hub. The dealer busted two studs about two months ago on the back right rear tire during service. The car has been good to me and my family.

Favorite Features

Compact car for city driving. I'm averaging 29-30 mpg on the highway. I'm not a lead foot. I love the wagon!. I've placed a brand new toilet with the box in the rear. it's great in the snow. It's been a dependable car but i will be trading it in for a Subaru Forrester this year.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power for merging into highway traffic. Better Lug Bolts. between the dealer and I, We have broken 5 lug studs. All are being replaced right now for safety.

Practical
By BOOGEX

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the combination of practical features- safe, good fuel economy, AWD, decent performance, reliability. Overall, I like it, but I'm not sure if I'd do it all over again. I'm 6'2" and find the car to be extremely uncomfortable on longer trips. It's also a tight squeeze as a family car- if you have child seats, they don't fit easily. It's also not an easy drive in heavy traffic- I have a manual trans. and the shifting is kind of a pain compared to other manuals I've driven. I'd go with an automatic over a manual if I were buying again. The few flaws aside, it's a fun car to drive for the money.

Favorite Features

AWD, fuel economy, decent pep.

Suggested Improvements

Seats need to be more comfortable.

Good First Car
By mrdragon016

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought My Saabaru a couple weeks back and everytime i drive it, it brings a huge smile on my face. Its got plenty of kick and can turn on a dime. with a 4 banger as well as AWD its a amazing little car

Favorite Features

HEATED SEATS

Suggested Improvements

wish it had the saab ignition in the middle console, also had more original saab components

100k Problem-Free Miles!
By estevanker

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car 150 miles daily to work and back and have not had a single issue with it. The car averages 33mpg and is awesome in the snow and ice. I anticipate driving it another 100k miles.

Favorite Features

The AWD system in the winter.

Suggested Improvements

More noise insulation. It is a bit loud at highway speeds.