2005 Saab 9-2X - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-2X model:
Keeps on ticking!.
By double75 on 04/25/12 13:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2005 Saab 92x Linear Automatic. I bought it way back when they had the GM employee discount for everybody. So I bought it instead of the Subaru Impreza.the mileage is over 266,000 miles and she keeps on ticking. I makes sure she is dealer tuned every year and I change the oil every 5,000 miles. I've had the rear struts changed. Right as I type this i have her in the shop. I busted three Lug Studs on the left driver rear hub while driving. While i was checking the proper torque on the other lugs, I busted another stud on the front left hub. The dealer busted two studs about two months ago on the back right rear tire during service. The car has been good to me and my family.

Good First Car
By mrdragon016 on 04/08/11 10:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought My Saabaru a couple weeks back and everytime i drive it, it brings a huge smile on my face. Its got plenty of kick and can turn on a dime. with a 4 banger as well as AWD its a amazing little car

Saabaru
By rkymtnhgh on 02/05/10 09:03 AM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

You get everything you expect from a Subaru with some extra creature comforts and Saab style. The AWD is fantastic in inclement weather and handling and highway ride is impressive. My chief complaint is the performance of the automatic transmission. It tends to be sluggish around town and slow to kick down, especially from third gear. Family requirements necessitated an automatic, but I'd recommend the 5spd manual. Overall build quality is good, but the exterior paint chips easily and some of the interior materials could stand improvement. Two tone fabric looks slick, but stains show readily. Rear seat leg room is limited, so adult passengers may be uncomfortable on longer trips.

100k Problem-Free Miles!
By estevanker on 12/10/09 14:25 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car 150 miles daily to work and back and have not had a single issue with it. The car averages 33mpg and is awesome in the snow and ice. I anticipate driving it another 100k miles.

Practical
By BOOGEX on 09/11/09 20:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the combination of practical features- safe, good fuel economy, AWD, decent performance, reliability. Overall, I like it, but I'm not sure if I'd do it all over again. I'm 6'2" and find the car to be extremely uncomfortable on longer trips. It's also a tight squeeze as a family car- if you have child seats, they don't fit easily. It's also not an easy drive in heavy traffic- I have a manual trans. and the shifting is kind of a pain compared to other manuals I've driven. I'd go with an automatic over a manual if I were buying again. The few flaws aside, it's a fun car to drive for the money.

Long-term ownership review
By waveho on 04/16/09 14:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Wife bought the 05 9-2x Linear, with cold weather package (heated seats, windows, leather, etc.) at the end of 2004 to be used exclusively as her primary vehicle in her pharma sales job, which requires a LOT of driving. About 180,000(!) miles later, its Subaru quality is still shining through. In all this time, it's only required new tires and brakes at regular intervals. This is a car that is driven often in the back roads of central Virginia and the Appalachia area of West Virginia. It's always burned a bit of oil, and the fog lights have had to be replaced due to sand and rocks thrown from trucks during the winter. This is a quality car, fun to drive (5-spd). Highly recommend.

Like it so far
By Jay Kanabar on 12/25/08 11:23 AM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car. I have a 9-3 as well and compared with that I feel that the steering and control is far superior.

Great all-rounder
By HK on 10/13/08 23:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just finished a 5 day drive from Michigan to Alberta in this vehicle, and I would do it again, no hesitation. The car performed admirably, as it has always done. It's been great in the snow (though I thought it was better the first winter;I expect the new tires will help), always reliable, and looks a lot better than the Subaru. The car's Achilles heel is the 4 speed auto transmission. It feels unrefined, and brings the average down a bit. I hoped for better fuel economy (20 city, 26 hwy), and replaced the very weak factory stereo. But over all, it's a great car which I intend to keep for a long time.

Electrical Problems - beware
By Disgruntled Saab Man on 04/10/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had heard Saab was reliable and the new models did have pazazz and class. Wrong. Uncomfortable seats, and from the first I had problems with electrical. After setting for 3-4 days, the battery was completely dead. Then it would be fine for a month or so; then repeat the problem. The dealer was clueless. They replaced the battery and the alternator, which I told them was not the problem. I had a Jeep once with same problem. It was a wiring problem that drained the system. But, they knew best. Finally they offered me an insulting trade down to a used VW with outrageous payments. I took it to Carmax and got a Honda. Carmax is where I now buy all of my cars (Hondas). Great place.

Can't wait to get another one Great car!
By yoitsthegoose on 03/11/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a visiting nurse that travels a lot. My 92x is a great car. I've been all over the place with it and it haven't had any problems at all. The car has 100,000 miles on it. The only thing is I wish they never stop making car. It was only in production for two years.