2005 Saab 9-2X - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-2X model:
Keeps on ticking!.
By double75 on 04/25/12 13:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2005 Saab 92x Linear Automatic. I bought it way back when they had the GM employee discount for everybody. So I bought it instead of the Subaru Impreza.the mileage is over 266,000 miles and she keeps on ticking. I makes sure she is dealer tuned every year and I change the oil every 5,000 miles. I've had the rear struts changed. Right as I type this i have her in the shop. I busted three Lug Studs on the left driver rear hub while driving. While i was checking the proper torque on the other lugs, I busted another stud on the front left hub. The dealer busted two studs about two months ago on the back right rear tire during service. The car has been good to me and my family.

Eleanor will be missed...
By dssquare85 on 03/04/12 10:44 AM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased my Aero used with 30,000K on her. I immediately fell in love and still miss her to this day. I had Eleanor for almost 3 years. She gave me no problems and put nothing but smiles on my face while I owned her. It was worth the expensive insurance, premium fuel and lackluster mpg. Unfortunately, the engine decided to blow at 57,000K with regularly scheduled maintenance. Thousands of dollars later it just wasn't the same and was forced to trade her in. I gave Subaru another chance and traded Eleanor in for '11 Legacy in May 2011.

Good First Car
By mrdragon016 on 04/08/11 10:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought My Saabaru a couple weeks back and everytime i drive it, it brings a huge smile on my face. Its got plenty of kick and can turn on a dime. with a 4 banger as well as AWD its a amazing little car

Saabaru
By rkymtnhgh on 02/05/10 09:03 AM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

You get everything you expect from a Subaru with some extra creature comforts and Saab style. The AWD is fantastic in inclement weather and handling and highway ride is impressive. My chief complaint is the performance of the automatic transmission. It tends to be sluggish around town and slow to kick down, especially from third gear. Family requirements necessitated an automatic, but I'd recommend the 5spd manual. Overall build quality is good, but the exterior paint chips easily and some of the interior materials could stand improvement. Two tone fabric looks slick, but stains show readily. Rear seat leg room is limited, so adult passengers may be uncomfortable on longer trips.

100k Problem-Free Miles!
By estevanker on 12/10/09 14:25 PM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car 150 miles daily to work and back and have not had a single issue with it. The car averages 33mpg and is awesome in the snow and ice. I anticipate driving it another 100k miles.

Practical, Reliable, Rally-Bred Monster
By Scott on 09/21/09 21:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Last year I went used shopping for a practical AWD compact for city use and occasional road trips. To my surprise, this turbo Saabaru (which, yes, has an automatic) was the best of the lot by far. Plodding around in town it's as docile as any other auto-compact, yet the turbo means it doesn't run out of steam on the highway (I'm looking at you, SX4/Fit). But it's not all practicality: being a WRX, it's ready to play whenever. Put the tach above 3500 and it hisses, growls, and rips a hole in time. Show it some curves and it annihilates them (it's front heavy, but there's so much grip it almost doesn't matter). Best of all, you can go back to driving casually once you're done abusing the tarmac.

Practical
By BOOGEX on 09/11/09 20:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the combination of practical features- safe, good fuel economy, AWD, decent performance, reliability. Overall, I like it, but I'm not sure if I'd do it all over again. I'm 6'2" and find the car to be extremely uncomfortable on longer trips. It's also a tight squeeze as a family car- if you have child seats, they don't fit easily. It's also not an easy drive in heavy traffic- I have a manual trans. and the shifting is kind of a pain compared to other manuals I've driven. I'd go with an automatic over a manual if I were buying again. The few flaws aside, it's a fun car to drive for the money.

Long-term ownership review
By waveho on 04/16/09 14:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Wife bought the 05 9-2x Linear, with cold weather package (heated seats, windows, leather, etc.) at the end of 2004 to be used exclusively as her primary vehicle in her pharma sales job, which requires a LOT of driving. About 180,000(!) miles later, its Subaru quality is still shining through. In all this time, it's only required new tires and brakes at regular intervals. This is a car that is driven often in the back roads of central Virginia and the Appalachia area of West Virginia. It's always burned a bit of oil, and the fog lights have had to be replaced due to sand and rocks thrown from trucks during the winter. This is a quality car, fun to drive (5-spd). Highly recommend.

Rippen Griffen 9-2X Aero
By Rippen Griffin on 02/25/09 08:01 AM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Best car I have ever owned! Plenty of interior room for a small family, and the rear seats fold flat for more hauling room. Super reliable - over 108k miles, and no service repairs! My car has been modified, to produce ~100 hp over stock hp, and is still a reliable daily driver.

Like it so far
By Jay Kanabar on 12/25/08 11:23 AM (PST)

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car. I have a 9-3 as well and compared with that I feel that the steering and control is far superior.