Used 2011 Ram Dakota Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ram Dakota Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Solid midsize light duty pickup truck
By rdsteve23

2011 Ram Dakota Crew Cab BigHorn 4dr Crew Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I like my V6 crew cab 2WD BigHorn. It has decent power, handles good, rides smooth but has a firm suspension, and is comfortable. This is a nice light duty pickup, perfect for my family of 4, which can haul some light payloads and tow my camping trailer. I like the bold exterior look it gives, while the interior is comfortable and convenient. I've owned it for about 5 years now, and the only issues to come up was a faulty tire pressure sensor (still covered under warranty at the time) and every once and a while the gas gauge reads empty when I start it up, but then will slowly go to correct reading. All in all, this is a solid truck that didn't cost me an arm and a leg like most trucks do...

I bought the Bighorn which gives me nice 17 inch and wide tires which looks good. Also like the fog lamps and bed liner. The drivers seat is very comfortable, and the center console is nice with good cup holders and storage spots. The cab is spacious for a midsize, and I like how the back seats give you storage underneath for a jack, jumper cables, etc.

Had to add a tow package as the one that came with the truck was only rated for 1500 lbs, probably because its the V6 version, even though it can tow up to 4900 lbs. The worst thing about this truck is the bad gas mileage. Its not horrible, but for a V6 you would expect better since you don't get the power of a V8. Also, the V6 has great power in the lower gears, but seems like it could use a little more when in 3rd and 4th gear. I only notice it when I need to punch it at high speed like on the freeway. But, again, its a V6 and pretty good sized truck.