2015 Ram CV Tradesman Minivan Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ram CV Tradesman Minivan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

INCREDIBLE VALUE
By NANCY H

2015 Ram CV Tradesman Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am an appliance repair(wo)man. Bought the van new 3 years ago. 80k later, I've changed the front brakes and tires once. Although I change the oil every 3k to 4k miles, the book says every 8k. The acceleration is like a race car, even fully loaded to the brim with parts and tools. It goes from -0- to zoom in a few fast seconds. With sliding doors on each side, and a rear hatch, all my parts and tools are easily accessible. There are no rear windows, but the back-up camera works very well. I trust dodge to build a reliable van, and have never....never....been let down. Since 1995, and 4 hard-ridden vehicles later, i've always sold them at about 250k, with no major repairs. I paid 16.5 k, brand new....put 500.00 in shelving, and on the road we went. Peace of mind is priceless. Can't wait to see what they add in 2016! Built in wifi and a tablet station would be very usefull....add a printer into the dash, and you'd have the best service vehicle in history. Thanks again for keeping the faith!

Perfect van for service technicians
By sikpuppy

2015 Ram CV Tradesman Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just got the C/V as a company vehicle about a month ago. Coming from a Ford Transit, this vehicle is like riding on a cloud...a quick cloud! And I no longer feel like I'm going to get run over while trying to merge onto the freeway. The "expert review" that said the Transit is more comfortable around town is completely inaccurate. Comparing the Transit or NV200 to a Ram C/V isn't even fair...to Ford, Nissan or Chrysler. Any employee or other person travelling from site to site all day is going to be way happier in the C/V...and a lot safer than in a Transit or NV200. The C/V is smooth, powerful, has power everything and ample space for tools/equipment. Even the stock sound system rocks!

The van has power when you need it (like getting on the freeway). The cargo space is just right for tools and equipment needed for technical service work. The seats are super comfortable. The steering is precise and the suspension is suitable for fairly heavy loads. There's an "Economy" button that I'm told cuts 30% percent of fuel to the injectors for better fuel mileage, but I haven't verified that. I'm a pretty mellow driver, but the transmission is a hybrid 6-speed auto and/or manual shift if you get a wild hair up your butt. :-)

I'm adding a back-up camera. Daytime running lights would be nice. Nothing that can't be added on. I just hope that Ram/Chrysler doesn't discontinue the vehicle. That would be a shame.