Pretty darn nice
By pb58 on
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Limited Edition 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
After being a power-stroke guy for many years I made the switch to ram. Very glad I did. I have the Laramie package and it is pure luxury...truck or not. Uconnect works excellent, I have the 730n. High quality leather, great sound system, quite ride, more power than I will probably ever need...and I pull heavy equipment. Lumbar support is outstanding. M.P.G,s are not horrible for a 1 ton with this much power, I can get it down to about 14 if I drive hard, normal driving gets me about 18-19. Towing 14000# gets about 10. Call quality on Bluetooth is excellent. Took about 3 minutes to pair my iPhone and download the phone book. Absolutely no buyers remorse...love it. Would do it again!!
Favorite Features
Bluetooth. Nav. Looks. Power. Interior style. Very happy converted power stroke guy. I looked at all 3 before I purchased anything, definitely get more truck for the money with ram. Also, towing capacity is awesome. I often tow as much as 15-16k and this barely breaks a sweat!!
Suggested Improvements
Doesn't seem to have as many cubbies for "stuff". Only 2 cup holders up front but 4 in the rear??? No ashtray, or place to put one( see 2 cup holders)...probably not too many smokers left, but I am. No lighter. Turbo lag on take off is terrible. '96 was my 1st diesel, this is the worst, but still bearable. Will try to get used to it. You can tell I'm digging pretty deep for improvements. All in all a great truck.