Used 2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific 3500 model:

Ball Joints Bad
By Al

2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have had several recalls on this truck. All taken in and repaired. But I only have 34000 miles on this one ton truck and the ball joints have gone bad. I don't abuse this truck. There is no way the ball joints should have gone bad. They wanted $1500.00 to fix it. They finally allowed me to purchase a extended warranty for $600 and a deductible of $100 to fix it.

Pretty darn nice
By pb58

2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie Longhorn Limited Edition 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After being a power-stroke guy for many years I made the switch to ram. Very glad I did. I have the Laramie package and it is pure luxury...truck or not. Uconnect works excellent, I have the 730n. High quality leather, great sound system, quite ride, more power than I will probably ever need...and I pull heavy equipment. Lumbar support is outstanding. M.P.G,s are not horrible for a 1 ton with this much power, I can get it down to about 14 if I drive hard, normal driving gets me about 18-19. Towing 14000# gets about 10. Call quality on Bluetooth is excellent. Took about 3 minutes to pair my iPhone and download the phone book. Absolutely no buyers remorse...love it. Would do it again!!

Bluetooth. Nav. Looks. Power. Interior style. Very happy converted power stroke guy. I looked at all 3 before I purchased anything, definitely get more truck for the money with ram. Also, towing capacity is awesome. I often tow as much as 15-16k and this barely breaks a sweat!!

Doesn't seem to have as many cubbies for "stuff". Only 2 cup holders up front but 4 in the rear??? No ashtray, or place to put one( see 2 cup holders)...probably not too many smokers left, but I am. No lighter. Turbo lag on take off is terrible. '96 was my 1st diesel, this is the worst, but still bearable. Will try to get used to it. You can tell I'm digging pretty deep for improvements. All in all a great truck.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 6 spd Auto
By atvdude

2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Traded off a 2008 Ram 3500 Mega Cab for a 2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab. Huge improvement over the 2008. Interior quality is much better. Seats are very comfortable and good for long road trips, leather quality is excellent. Audio system sounds great. Very quiet for a diesel and more quiet than the 2008. Feature overload, still have not figured them all out yet.

Cummins Power! Remote Start, Smooth Automatic Transmission, Quiet, Nice Ride. The truck seems to be very solid and well put together. Good attention to detail, this truck looks and feels much more expensive than it is. By far the best interior of any truck on the market. Basically you feel like your in a upscale Mercedes.

Steering does not seem to be as good, truck seems to wander compared to the old truck, not sure if this is specific to just my truck or normal for these new trucks. I plan on having the dealer check it out. Back up camera does not turn on immediately when turning truck on and putting truck in reverse. Annoying message on radio during start up that you have to agree to their legal message that you will be careful when operating the radio while driving. Wish there was a way to remove it. Head room seems to be less than previous models. Truck sits lower than similar 2008 truck, don't like that.