2011 Ram 3500 6.7L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.4 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Love it!

2011 Ram 3500 - Consumer Review

Laramie Longhorn Edition Mega Cab (6.7L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.4 ft. Bed)

Love it!
By mscmdurham on

2011 Ram 3500 Laramie Lnghrn 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We bought a 2011 used with about 40k miles on it already. I use it to pull my horse trailer and you can hardly even tell it is back there. I have loaded 2 full tons of haycubes in the bed and although it squated a little it handled it just fine. The only issue we have had with it so far is one day the key fob would not unlock the door. I made the mistake of using the manual key and everything went haywire. We had to disconnect the battery and let it reset. Also a couple of times while using the hands free device for the phone, even after the call was ended and the keys were out of the truck, the display stayed on. Again had to disconnect battery and reset. That happened 2 times.

Favorite Features

Hands free calling, Ipod interface which allows me to control Ipod from steering wheel. Towing abilities ROCK!!! Ok, I'll admit it...this truck raises my hotness level (I'm a chick) alot. Cup holders everywhere, tons of room in the back seat- standard bed liner, seat warmers are awesome too. This is not our first Dodge Diesel (we have several even still ranging from 1998 to 2007) They are all good and this one has all the toughness with the comfort and style to boot.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I would suggest is a way to turn the computer display completely off while still playing music. Even on the dark settings, it can be annoying.