2016 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ram 2500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2500 model:

Happy new Dodge Ram Owner
By joe sigmon

2016 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Former Ford fanboy says... WELL DONE RAM!
By Slick

2016 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tradesman Power Wagon 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was looking to replace my 2k Super Duty V10 4x4 supercab with a crew cab to give the dog more room, and fewer repair projects for me. After getting frustrated with the local Ford dealers, started looking at Ram. Spoke with several neighbors and co-workers who had made the switch from Ford to Ram & were extremely happy with the reliability & value of the Ram. I had an extremely pleasant buying experience. I did not want (to pay for) a loaded model. I was able to find pretty much exactly what I wanted. I bought a '16 2500 Heavy Duty crew cab short bed 4x4 with the 6.4L gasser & 4.10 gears in the Tradesman trim level (not a Power Wagon). It's optioned almost to the SLT level with the chrome appearance package, preferred equipment package, UConnect 5.0, 4.10 gears, anti-spin differencial, shift-on-the-fly 4x4, park sense/park view, power trailer tow mirrors, and LED bed lights. The ride is nice, albeit a bit stiff... but that's mainly a function of running 80 psi in the tires. I'm amazed at how quiet the cabin is. Being a base model, there are plenty of hard plastics in the cabin... but so far (fingers crossed), no squeaks or rattles... & it seems well put-together. I wish it had a telescoping steering wheel, and the brake pedal sits a bit high for my foot. I'll get used to it tho. The seats seem quite comfortable... even the back seats. The cylinder deactivation is imperceptible, tho at low speed/rpm, it will chug a little, on occasion. The shift points (of the transmission) seem a bit off, even with the 4.10s, but all work smoothly. It just seems like it's easy to catch the transmission off-guard pretty regularly... a common occurrence in newer cars/trucks with 6-10 cogs in the trans... it's tuned for mileage. I'm getting around 11-13 mpg in town & 17-18 mpg on the highway. No complaints there. I'm still in the break-in phase, so no towing yet. Overall, I'm a happy camper!

Ram tough
By Barbara O'Leary

2016 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Ram tough
By Barbara O'Leary

2016 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Goodbye, Ford...
By Paul P

2016 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned Ford trucks for the last 20 years. If Ram keeps building their trucks like this, they'll keep me as a customer. You can't beat the value for money and I think they are the best looking trucks on the road today. I've owned my 5.7 4X4 express crew cab for a few weeks and couldn't be happier with it. It's the smoothest riding truck I've ever owned, has plenty of power and enough bells and whistles for me. The only complaint I have is the seats could be a little more comfortable.