2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2500 model:

nothing but awesome
By roger

2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Longhorn 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Rides and drives like a luxury vehicle. Unlimited amounts of power with the 6.7l diesel.
I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Think long and hard
By M.Miller

2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The price for was a real deal, but you get what you pay for. The interior was made from crap and installed by the blind. It now has 2400 miles and is going back for the third time for a seat. The dealer is not much help so far. Look at the competition, aggravation has a cost.
the truck actually has the 6.4 gas engine I do like that.

2500 Longhorn Diesel 2015
By rickvaldez33

2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Longhorn 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck on 6/15/15 and the ceiling it came loose. It looks like they used velcro strips to hold it together. Also, the back leather on the back seats are coming apart. The lighting on the switch control for the mirrors do not work. I should off looked at this before I purchased the truck but I didn't, it was till 6/16/15 that I noticed. Is anybody else having the same issues?

how it rides, the looks, screen,

Better quality on the upholstery.

2015 RAM Cummins, Great Truck, Always Room For Improvement Though
By ltngdrvr

2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Lone Star 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Ordered my 2015 RAM 2500 Mega Cab Cummins, picked it up 02/09/15 and in the last 6 weeks have racked up over 10K miles. I traded in a 2012 F250 Crew Cab Long Bed PowerStroke that I had put over 200K on. So far I am really liking my RAM although there is room for improvement.My ford pulled better, even though both have the same torque at 800. I can only attribute this to the difference between the faster revving V8 vs the big inline 6 of the Cummins. If RAM made the 3.73 or 4.10 gear ratios optional in the Single Rear Wheel trucks over the 3.42 ratio, maybe it would match the ford's pulling abilities. That would probably hurt fuel economy empty. I have gotten as high as 21.7 MPG in the RAM.

The 68RFE transmission works much smoother in the RAM than the 6R140 in the ford, much nicer to drive. The ride is very equal between my RAM and my old ford, even though my RAM has the rear air suspension. The best thing about the air suspension is the self levelling, have yet to put any load on it that it can't level up.The interior is so much better than the ford that it is no contest. And on the RAM, all the upgraded electronic toys are available in the mid level SLT/LoneStar/Big Horn with the cloth seats. This is not so with the ford, you have to buy the uplevel lariat with leather seats to get access to the electronic toys options. And on the exterior appearance, the RAM wins again.

Offer the 3.73 and 4.10 gear options on the 2500 and 3500 single rear wheel trucks for better pulling ability. Offer the aisin transmission in the 2500.