Used 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2500 model:

Ram sucks for work trucks!
By tomm gunn

2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this truck with 7800 miles on it and had 4 recalls in less than a year the factory bedliner in it is separating from the steel and everytiei take it to the shop and its supposed to be a work truck made tough that's a joke due to the manufacturer defects I have to miss using it on jobs to haul and if you ask for a loaner that is not included in the warranty so I have a ram that is causing me to lose money and the company wont give me a truck to use while its getting manufacturer defects fixed makes sense and well trading it in is a joke after you buy a ram they depreciate dramatically so trading it in will cost you so thought since they changed names maybe they would b better but 2 hours on the hotline about why no loaner for a working man and all I get is there is no loaner policy when your vehicle is in the shop even when it is their flaws!And what really ticked me off they wanted to patch the factory sprayed bedliner so I took it in and dropped it off we had a big hail storm and they left my truck out in it and they aren't responsible for that either and you pay 600 for a factory sprayed bedliner and its peeling up and they want to patch that spot instead of respraying the whole thing can u say cheap but they were more than happy to take my money when I bought it but they don't stand very tough in my opinion never had this many issues with my fords

Help
By dawnd3

2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Every week I am having problems with this truck. We thought we would buy a reliable truck to get me back and forth to Doctors, and sometimes it will not start. I have had this to the dealer over 35 times for over 9 different problems, and even the mechanic traded his in as he was having tire sensor problems etc. Did Dodge themselves write the A review? Due to health issues, I can not take time to deal with a Lemon Law Attorney!!!

It sits up high without a lift kit.

The tire sensors. The computer panel. The delayed acceleration, so when you change lanes, you almost get hit until it decides to kick in. The light covers that are warped and blow out after going through a car wash. The truck not starting the first time and displaying airbox problems. The truck not starting and displaying cold coil wire problems in Southern California mind you, not Alaska. The back up sensors going out and not working. etc etc etc...

2014 2500 6.4l
By hihoslvr2500

2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Power Wagon 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.4L 8cyl 6A)

A real 3/4 ton truck...great power and tows my 8k trailer with ease. I'm very pleased with this truck and the 6.4 hemi.

Power, ride comfort, mds, value compared to competition

My model did not come with any steps to get into vehicle. I added Amp Powersteps and now get into my vehicle with ease. New vehicles should not have any surface rust under vehicle but i did notice a little on a few components...that's why I give it 4 stars for exterior and build quality - I have to find something to gripe about right?