Used 2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific 2500 model:

Good for a while
By Ryan Tafoya

2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have been driving a 2013 2500 Ram with the Cummins engine. The truck now has 78,000 miles and other than high maintenance costs (oil change and fuel filters replacement $400) and only ok mileage (combined 18) it had been a good truck. I was recently involved in an accident that damaged the front passenger door and front fender but still drivable. It's been in and out of the dealership four times for engine repairs. The engine quit and initial sensor was for the throttle valve. First they replaced the throttle valve and did an EGR service, after the DEF light kept coming on, they finally decided that the DEF pump and airbox had gone out. With these repairs, we are now sitting at $2500. Somehow, I suspect it will not end here. The problem is the emissions technology has not been perfected and the factory does not want to admit it. The pre DEF engines ran relatively trouble free for well over 100,000 miles. Unless you plan on hauling a lot of weight, stick with the gas engines for now.

Poor Towing capabilities-5th wheel
By tnraven

2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie Longhorn Edition 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my Laramie Hemi for a 2500 diesel because the upper limit on the Hemi was only 10,000 lbs towing.
We were buying a fifth wheel which was 12,000 lbs.

When I got it home and did some last minute research before buying the fifth wheel we picked out, I found it could not tow it.
I am sitting here in shock after spending $70k on a truck with one purpose and it isn't capable.
THe towing number is fine at over 17,000 lbs.....but the payload capacity is only 2274 lbs.
The fifth wheel is fairly light at 1980 lbs and if I go by myself on vacation it would be OK....but adding passengers, dogs, clothes...I'm 400 lbs over.
Chevy and FOrd have no prob.em here and are in the 4000 lb p

UConnect

INCREASE PAYLOAD CAPACITY

Excellent Truck!
By quicksilver10

2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a new 2013 Ram 6.7L and love it supper over kill for my little boat but it does the job and more. I have had no problems up to now and gas mileage is around 20MPG in the San Antonio metro area not BAD! I will buy this truck again. Interior looks amazing they did skimp on the very fine details but its almost unnoticeable. Good truck probably the best for money and value.

Favortie feature is the touch screen system. I am able to fine the cheapest fuel in town usually saving 15 cents or more a gallon it adds up.

Improvments would be more attention to details and maybe a little better quality material.

Broke from day 1
By youknow1

2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Picked up my new RAM2500 6.7 Cumuins Diesel then drove to a gas to fill it up.
When I started the truck up after getting fuel the radio would turn back on and the digital portion of the dash froze.
Drove to the dealer to have it repaired. They found the radio faulty and told me it was on back order with no ETA.
I contacted Dodge's 800 customer line the 2nd week and was given a case manager.
The case manager informed as well the radio was on back order and that they have no ETA either.
I am now entering my third week without any word of when it will be repaired.
I've purchased several new cars in my life and this will be the last "Dodge"

None

Have a complete parts available to repair. Better customer service. Get rid valve clatter.