Used 2011 Ram 2500 Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ram 2500

View reviews for a specific 2500 model:

Awesome Truck! Worth checking out! 5.7L Hemi
By Brett

2011 Ram 2500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this truck just shy of 5 years. This has been by far the best truck I have owned. I have had 3 issues with it since I purchased it, one was the tie rod end recall that Chrysler put out a few years ago. Had an exhaust manifold bolt break, fixed under warranty, and my heater blower motor died. Easy fix there as well. I own a lawncare/landscaping/snow plowing company. This truck does everything for us. We tow trailer's all summer long and then slap on snow plows during the winter season. For the use and abuse we put this truck through, it is never in the shop! Ram makes maintenance really easy on their trucks as well. (Not sure how the diesel ones are for maintenance) The interior layout is really nice and comfortable (even after plowing snow nonstop for 12 hours). I can't say enough good about this truck! I'm starting to wish my old one with close to 210,000 miles would die so I could by another like this one. I am a 100% repeat customer for ones of these trucks!

2500 ST 6.7L Diesel 4X4 Automatic (for some reason, this was not an option on the *Model list)
By jdean2900

2011 Ram 2500 ST 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Up to this point, the truck has been great. The only issue I have had so far is the O2 sensor acted up, activating the "check engine" light. Once replaced, I experienced no further issues with it. It has a ton of power and torque. The interior layout is ergonomical and comfortable. The ride is quiet and smooth. In fact, people frequently comment about how quiet it is for a diesel truck. It brakes well considering its size and weight. I use this truck both on and off road, and so far it has performed admirably. Overall, a great value.

The 6.7L diesel engine is a power house. Also, as I had mentioned, the interior is very comfortable.

The only thing that comes to mind is that when going over large bumps and/or rough roads, the back seat tends to vibrate when no one is sitting in it.

2011 2500 "Diesel" ST LWB
By chrisz71p

2011 Ram 2500 ST 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Numerous Injector problems. Truck runs like crap and dodge usually has no diesel mechanics or they change weekly. You get different advice from each. They tell me that its a "known problem with the Bosch injectors and Ram will allow one injector to be replaced under warranty... maybe you got bad fuel" Well if it was a one time problem maybe but its not.

ST model rides like a tank and is very uncomfortable.

None

Maintenance Costs Astronomical
By bfiske

2011 Ram 2500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just got back from the dealer, oil change and fuel filter change $190.00
the cost to change the fuel filter is $100!!
they told me the cost of the filter is $65!!!
Unbelievable, but absolutely true!!

The ride, it doesn't ride like a truck..

Put a fuel filter were you can just change the canister instead of having to change out the entire body!

Still in the shop
By harv67

2011 Ram 2500 ST 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you drive in dusty conditions know ac condenser plugged in 6 mths. But biggest problem has been electrical, flasher and dome light goes on and off for no reason. Truck has been at Dodge dealer for close to 2 mths and we still do not have an eta.

Buy a Chevy