2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Great value for a big sedan
By D Lee

2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Seats more people than typical SUV. Four medium adults fit in crewcab bench with plenty of leg room. Great ride due to oil aprings on all four corners. Very responsive transmission and engine combination - 8 speed 5.7 Hemi. Great highway gas mileage.

2016 dodge diesel -- great truck for the buck
By william newcome

2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

check out the options -- 2 different transmission, 3 different gear ratios, etc

Eco Diesel is excellent. Quiet and smooth.
By Frank D

2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn Fleet 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We bought the 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab with the Eco Diesel ( I couldn't select the 3.0 diesel engine in the drop down menu). Got a good deal, a little over $10k off MSRP. Just took at 3500 mile drive and it was a pleasure. At 75 mph we were getting 26.5 mpg, so about a 700 mile range on a tank full. When we were doing 55 mph we were over 40 mpg. I figure I used about 2 gallons of DEF. The ride is so smooth and quiet. When I ride in my 2012 Subaru Outback It feels so clunky compared to the Ram. This is the most expensive vehicle I have ever bought, but I am enjoying it. We added nerf bars, spray in bed liner and trifecta cover. After having it a month we are over 4500 miles and no big issues. We have the towing package so the side mirrors are huge. We did take a hit from someone in a parking lot, but it folded in, so only a small scuff mark. In parking lots we now fold in the mirrors, manually, the Laramie has power mirrors. Our only complaint is wind noise. We think it is coming from the mirrors. Above 50 mph it is noticeable and a little of a distraction. I may take it into the dealer to get it documented. Overall, highly recommended.

By Mark Stephens

2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Great so far!
By Stuart Clark

2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Rebel 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I love this truck so far. I rated the rain/snow traction and maintenance just on expectations. I know this Rebel 4x4 with the tires it comes with should have no trouble. The ride is great and the power is excellent. Great comfort, space and interior controls. Love the looks of the truck and with the power it has I should have no trouble pulling anything even though I haven't yet. The mileage is not on the upper end of the ratings, but that's partly due to the roads I drive on - lots of hills.