2015 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ram 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Husky kind of truck
By F. Fierros

2015 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

This truck handles as well as it looks, the v-8 provide performance and economy. Very comfortable ride.

love my ram
By jim brusse

2015 Ram 1500 Regular Cab HFE 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Excellent gas mileage. Up to 26 mpg with a 4x4 truck is amazing. Handles great too. Why isn't ram advertising the base v 6 more?

2015 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 5.7l Hemi
By waverunnerjer

2015 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I traded in my 2008 ram 1500 5.7l Hemi SLT for a new 2015 Ram 1500 Reg Cab W/Hemi. I bought the Black express package, emblems painted body color, delete Hemi badging, SL model. I have almost 4k miles on the truck and no issue's so far. Only small problem I have is with the door's staying open. The lower hinge's have shallow grooves and on my slanted driveway I have to make sure to hold the door at the second groove (all the way open) or else the door will slam shut if this is not done. My wife and I feel this is a saftey issue and I am not sure if all door hinges on the Ram truck's are made this way. I will follow-up on this issue with the dealer. Other than that I really like my 2015 Ram,

I like the U-connect and now can make call's using my cell phone with this feature. I also like the interior, seat's are nice and comfortable. I like the center vehicle display showing everything from tire pressure to oil life and everything in between. I have blue tooth and can play song's from my playlist off of my cell phone.

I would like to see the bottom door hinge's made better. A deeper groove's made into the bottom hinge's so the door's will stay open. Once while the truck was parked in my driveway I leaned in to get something and the driver door shut on my leg's. Same thing has happened to my wife and she suggested taking back to the dealer to have it looked at.This could potentially be a safety hazard if a small child was standing there and the door closed on a hand or something. I'll have to see how the rotary shift knob hold's up after ownership 3,4 or 5yrs down the road.

Great Truck Just A Few Issues
By leroyminjarez

2015 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Express 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have the '15 Reg Cab Ram 1500 V6 Black/out Edition. My Ram was affordable. Also, I love the mileage and the overall look. It just has issues very early on. I have owned the truck since Feb '15 and have 5k miles. My first problem I had was at 400 miles after my radio just stopped working for about 2 days. After 2 days it luckily started working, well kind of. Next after around 600 miles my front bumper has blemished paint spots that look like the sun "burnt" this area. My truck is regularly kept under a car port and washed/waxed w/ quality product. Oh & my Bluetooth doesn't work anymore and Pandora capability is a joke!

Overall look and blacked/out features (rims, lights, and color). Very comfortable for a 5'10 & 185 lbs male. Price was right on this truck.

Better paint that doesn't blemish in the sun, radio that doesn't stop working randomly, Pandora that actually works, and a Bluetooth setup that actually works! Use metal bumpers like older model pick ups.