2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Wanted this model in eco diesel
By ken freiberg

2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Didn't want to spend $7000 more. That is a lot of money up front for an extra 4 mpg.

Love this truck.
By David Kretschmar

2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

14000 on my 2014 Express 5.7L
By ItsAllGood

2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This truck is really nice . . . . color is Blue Streak Pearl Coat . . . . I get comments on it all the time.

This truck had the upgraded UConnect 5.0 . . . it is much nicer than anything else I have had.

I am 6'3"" and I really love the size - super comfortable seats. They are the gray cloth. Cabin is really comfy. I call this truck the 400 HP Barcalounger

Engine - So far so good . . .14 MPG around town I have seen to 23 MPG highway. I have seen haters call the hemi "gutless", but I cannot figure out what they are talking about. The engine is a runner, pulls solid off the bottom, but seems to come on to the cam at about 3500 - 4000 rpm. It is fun to drive. I have done some towing (mulch) . . . . put her in Tow/Haul mode. It did not complain any.

Tranny - Got the 8 speed. I was a little wigged about no dipstick. But this is apparently a high end tranny. I guess i will worry about it when I need to. I would like to do a fluid change at 50K. We'll see. For now, it is the smoothest tranny I have ever seen. Lightning shifts, almost imperceptible. Almost magic. You CAN catch engine and tranny napping at times. Engine in MDS ECO mode, tranny in OD then when you step on the gas it has to wake up. I guess this is how it gets 22+ mpg highway.

Issues up to now - One day the shifter locked. It cleared up on it own. Also, the 3rd brake light on the cab was leaking some. I got weather stripping and fixed that myself.

If this truck does not turn to a pumpkin, I'll probably hold onto it until I trade it in for a Buick Regal (probably when I am 85)

Over 10,000 miles. Ram Rebel 5.7
By Steve

2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I have owned this truck for just about 8 months now and felt I could give it a proper assessment. Zero issues to report. I have the 5.7 with the 3.92 gears and 8spd trans. I have averaged just around 16mpg in mixed driving conditions. While towing a 7,000 lb camper (which this truck does effortlessly) I average around 11 mpg. Two of my favorite options are the ramboxes (storage compartments accessible from the outside of the bed that utilize the space above the wheel wells without compromising bed capacity (still able to load 4x8 sheets of plywood and drywall no problem)). My second is the adjustable air suspension which can lower to allow ease of entry and raise to an off-road dedicated 10+" clearance height.

Interior - spacious and comfortable in both front and back seats. There is so much leg room in the quad cab rear seats this truck easily carries linebackers in the back in absolute comfort. The instrument cluster is programmable as to which display you want to see in the center and what data to appear on the corners of the digital display and is intelligently flanked by the large rpm gauge and speedometer. This is truly the most comfortable vehicle I have ever ridden in. Storage is ample and everywhere. under back seats, storage wells in floor boards, behind back seats, door pockets, seat pockets, center console, dual glove compartments...The ram boxes are extremely useful and allow larger tools, hunting gear to be stored and locked in sync with the remote, or through a couple bags of ice and a case of your favorite beverage and you are the tailgate king.
Included as part of the Rambox package is a ram embossed heavy duty plastic bed divider which also serves as a tailgate extender as well as a Ram embossed tonneau cover which folds into thirds to allow tall items in the bed and easily folds back into place to cover the bed.

Performance- The 395 HP Hemi is amazing. It really is a fast truck when you get up on it, but rides with the comfort of a luxury sedan. The exhaust note sounds deep and throaty when starting or accelerating and just loud enough to sound impressive without be obnoxious. Even with the 33" Off-Road toyo tires included as part of the rebel package you would never know it from the inside of the cabin. Lots of people complain about the shift knob, but I actually like it. It frees up a lot of space in the center console area where a center shifter may go. It's beefy and easy to use and you will never mistake it for the radio volume knob.

Also get the 8.4AN stereo option (9 speaker Alpine system with a subwoofer) the nav is meh, good compared to other vehicles, but with iphone apps such as waze and google maps. The stereo sounds fantastatic and never feels strained when cranked up to 11 on the volume know ( you know, 10 and One).

I always love driving this truck. I get many compliments and although it's not the cheapest transport option out there, The Ram's are very competitively priced and I was able to get mine at 8,000 below sticker.

Best truck ever
By Josh07

2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I recently bought a 2015 RAM 1500 SLT, and cannot be happier to own and drive this truck. Aggresive look, engine is strong, but drives so smooth, interior is made of quality materials and awesome MPG! Hope it will last for a long time, before I consider getting another replacement. Overall I'm very satisfied with my purchase.