Hard To Beat
By mitchselect on
2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)
Although its hard to go go wrong with any full size truck these days except for maybe the Nissan Titan, the initial impression of my new Ram seems to be just a little bit better all around. Even if you have been a "hater" in the past, which many of us are, and for good reason, i strongly urge you to at least test drive one and give it a fair chance. You wont be disappointed. I found it to be the best performing, arguably the best looking, best optioned and with current rebates it was the cheapest. It is my belief that Ram Dodge Fiat (whatever) is trying to make a statement with this truck and in my opinion has done so! although i gave reliability a 5, only time will tell. GIVE RAM A CHANCE!
Favorite Features
Ride, handling, looks, price, warranty, power, transmission. Ridiculous amounts of interior storage. Just about everything about this truck impresses me! Just plain fun and exciting to drive!!! I love the 5.7 and the 8 spd. The Big Horn Package (avail. with the SLT) is a bargain and really makes the truck. Fuel economy is very good for a V-8 400 h.p. 4x4 truck weighing nearly 3 ton.
Suggested Improvements
Should not let trucks with the 20x9 rims leave the factory without at least some sort of mud guard as they stick out of the wheel wells just enough to sling stones mud etc. down the side of an otherwise beautiful truck. Im washing this thing every other day to keep it clean until i install guards, but after 1500 mi. i cant really think of anything worth mentioning that i would change.