2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
Exceeds My Expectations
By jbowen52 on 07/11/14 08:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my first truck. Previously had a Cadillac SRX and other crossover type vehicles. Decided most of what we did was hauling stuff. We were surprised to end up with truck. It is just as described in the reviews. Comfortable, quiet, solid and gets better mileage than the SRX. Solid 23 MPG from Washington, DC to CT. Averages 20+MPG in daily driving, incredible for a full size truck. Being my first truck, the Fun To Drive category isn't really there. While good for a truck, it isn't up to the handling of the SRX. Still I knew that going in. The V6 does a great job, hauls my camper and boats. I tested the Hemi, but it didn't seem to need it. Very happy so far.

EcoDiesel is the "Real Deal"
By theov on 07/09/14 13:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is a machine worth purchasing. I have driven the truck for 2,500 miles and I am totally impressed with the interior ride and quality and the fuel mileage (25 to 30 mpg). The truck has great storage compartments to fit my tools, bikes, boys' baseball stuff, and suitcases. I have not yet towed my Wrangler for 4x4 excursions, but I am sure it is up to the task. Mileage is phenomenal, around town I am in the 21-23 mpg range, on the highway around 26-27 at 75 mph or 30 to 31 at around 67-69 mph. This is tested and verified by me. The interior is quiet, 1st class, and the hands free system is excellent.

Beats my F-150 Ecoboost any day of the week!
By cpercha on 06/15/14 04:32 AM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Wow!!! After 3 years and 88,000 miles in a 2011 Ford F-150 Ecoboost I can tell you that the Ram makes it look like a glorified golf cart. I had driven several Rams before making my choice on which one to get. I ended up going with the Hemi attached to the 8 speed automatic and 3.92 gears. At first I was concerned that I would pay the price at the pump for the 3.92 gearing but I have found that this has not been the case at all. When driving models with 3.21 gears I had to get into the gas more to get the response I was looking for. With the 3.92 not only am I getting better performance but I don't need to hit the peddle much to get it to move which ended up resulting in better gas mileage.

Hard To Beat
By mitchselect on 04/20/14 08:09 AM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Although its hard to go go wrong with any full size truck these days except for maybe the Nissan Titan, the initial impression of my new Ram seems to be just a little bit better all around. Even if you have been a "hater" in the past, which many of us are, and for good reason, i strongly urge you to at least test drive one and give it a fair chance. You wont be disappointed. I found it to be the best performing, arguably the best looking, best optioned and with current rebates it was the cheapest. It is my belief that Ram Dodge Fiat (whatever) is trying to make a statement with this truck and in my opinion has done so! although i gave reliability a 5, only time will tell. GIVE RAM A CHANCE!

Still early, but "Wow." Bye-Bye F150 !
By dallasdon on 04/13/14 15:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Coming off of three-straight F150 platforms ('07 Lincoln Mark-LT, '09 Loaded Lariat, '11 Platinum) I decided to take a break, but that triumvirate set the bar high ('11 Plat was the nicest half-ton I ever drove.) Well, the past is the past. This '14 Longhorn simply outclasses the Fords across the board (for now, until FoMoCo stops resting on laurels.) Gorgeous, comfortable, luxurious, powerful, intuitive technology...it has it all. The "Western" themed interior is a little over the top (a bit long on badges and saddle-stitching) but it's crafted so finely, it's hard to say that there's something else you'd prefer.) Here's the new bar for Ford, Chevy and Toyota to jump over. Good luck boys!

The Ram has come a long way.
By velvet69 on 03/03/14 08:32 AM (PST)

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I just upgraded from a Toyota Tacoma, and I love this truck. It's like riding in a luxury car with all the amenities, but it's still a truck. I can't wait to start hauling and towing stuff. I love this truck!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ram 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$130 per month*