2014 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

2014 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
Great truck, comfortable, well made
By 2farout on 02/16/15 12:54 PM (PST)

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have a2014 BIG HORN Crew Cab 4x4 3.6 V6 305 HP and 269 lb's of torque. The 3.6 requires less maintenance than the other 2 engines. There is good power and is quick from the start and passing. I especially like the dial shifting knob, out of the way easy to use. Gas mpg is 22-24 in 75 degree + temp, and 19-21 in lower temps. Fit & finish are very good. Ride is comfortable, Crew Cab is great for 6 men. Plenty of storage bins, & under seat. NO problems in almost 15K. Goodyear tires are City street tires only. Good discounts,& rebates. Most buyers have mind made up on brand before they buy. Brand loyalty in trucks is unchangeable, I think.

2014 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
By canoe3 on 02/02/15 13:45 PM (PST)

2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I've had my pickup for a few months now, approx 5,000 miles on it. Never all it seems pretty good, but there are a couple of annoying things - it was right around $30k (I'm in Canada). It came without mud flaps, front tow hooks or any other trim. I understand you could get those by paying for a higher trim level, but I feel all trucks should come standard with those (they are on the F150). Aftermarket was fine though. My biggest issue is with the fuel economy, which I expected to be not great as its a v8, but it's actually around 14mpg easy driving in the city, 16mpg on the highway. also, stock tires are horrible - if it rains (or aaagh - snows!) you're all over the road.

Love my Ram pickup!
By chris303 on 01/30/15 19:53 PM (PST)

2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought my Ram 1500 new in November of '13. After 26,000 miles, I can report only 1 repair (oil pressure sending unit fixed under warranty). Gas mileage on a recent trip from Wisconsin to Florida varied from 20.5 to 25 mpg. My Tradesman trimmed truck came with so much standard equipment, I don't know why anybody would need to spend more! This truck rides and handles like a big American sedan. The 8 speed automatic works great, though I have caught it napping at times when kicked down. My only complaint is I wish the seats had lumbar support for my middle-aged lower back, but I suppose the higher trim levels may. It's no surprise Ram won Motor Trend truck of the year twice!

Made the switch
By johneb09 on 12/18/14 09:34 AM (PST)

2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

We traded our 2012 Silverado in on this new Ram a few months ago, and so far, love the truck. The Chevys 5.3 ltr had very sluggish acceleration, and an irratic shifting 6 speed transmission. I test drove another new 2014 Silverado, a 2014 F150, and then the Ram. The 2014 Chevy was once again, sluggish. The Ford was ok, but the Rams performance and handling, IMO, was the one that was the most enjoyable to drive. The acceleration is amazing, and the 8 speed transmission is precise. The Hemi engine is powerful, yet we have been getting 25 MPG on the highway. Pretty amazing truck all the way around, plus it was priced thousands less than the Ford & Chevy.

Ram 1500 3.6L V6 10,000 Mile Review
By mjmahaffy on 12/15/14 10:02 AM (PST)

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I leased a 4 door, 4x4 Ram 1500 with the 3.6L V6 about 10 month ago. I drive it as my daily commuter to work and use it for small projects around our property. Average fuel economy is about 20MPG in mostly highway driving which I think is fantastic for a full size 4x4 truck. It hasn't been to the dealership for anything other than the initial oil change and tire rotation.

Nightmare
By flalum06 on 11/24/14 13:59 PM (PST)

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have never had more trouble in my life then with this new ECO Diesel! Pulled out of the lot with 16 miles on it check engine light came on. Took it in 3 times before it was fixed. Then I finally got to drive it and the drivers side window leaked and I could not put fuel into the truck without getting a bath or having fuel run all down the side of the truck or vapor locking. Has been in and out of the shop for well over a month (this will be the 3rd time) and they are telling me they do not know what is wrong with it. LEMON! Will never buy another dodge again. Called Dodge numerous times and they are SLOW... I spent 41,000 on a truck that now has 2100 miles and I can not even drive it.

Transmission Leaking Day 1
By emmerth on 10/28/14 06:18 AM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased this 1500 9-1-14 to replace my aging Titan (10 years old). The dealership was offering some great incentives for the holiday and the truck seemed to be rated pretty good so I thought it was a no-brainer. Until, I took it over my friends house (concrete driveway) and he informed me that I leaked transmission fluid all over it. I then looked under the truck and sure enough, it was leaking. Well, it has been to the dealer 4 times now and they still are having trouble fixing it. It is now at the dealer again. When they picked it up this morning, it had 1568 miles on it and most of them are from them doing test drives. Contact Chrysler support yesterday and waiting them...

Excellent Truck
By dino29 on 10/12/14 20:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

This is one nice machine - I went from a Avalanche & was concerned if it would be less of a truck. Not so, very pleased so far w/more power & equal mileage. Haven't done any towing as yet but it seems more powerful in general driving. It is a big truck w/the crew cab but very serviceable. No hint of bear-tracking in snow & no problems w/control at high speeds on rough road surfaces. no vibrations & very smooth drive train

4th Dodge Ram in 8 years
By houdini1957 on 09/22/14 14:22 PM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I should be doing a commercial for Arrigo as this is the 6 vehicle I have purchased from them in 8 years. I had a 06 Ram 1500. Traded it for a 09 Ram 1500. I didn't like the truck. Loved the way it looked, hated the way it road. Talked to John Arrigo during my first oil change and I ended up buying a new (leftover) 08 3500 Diesel Dually. Loved the truck but wasn't using it for the things it was intended for enough. Sold it. Just purchased this truck a few months ago. Got the basic Tradesman with the 5.7 liter Hemi. Great truck! Pulls my 6x12 enclosed trailer with my HD Road King and gear like nothing is behind it at all. Quiet, well put together and made for work.

Exceeds My Expectations
By jbowen52 on 07/11/14 08:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my first truck. Previously had a Cadillac SRX and other crossover type vehicles. Decided most of what we did was hauling stuff. We were surprised to end up with truck. It is just as described in the reviews. Comfortable, quiet, solid and gets better mileage than the SRX. Solid 23 MPG from Washington, DC to CT. Averages 20+MPG in daily driving, incredible for a full size truck. Being my first truck, the Fun To Drive category isn't really there. While good for a truck, it isn't up to the handling of the SRX. Still I knew that going in. The V6 does a great job, hauls my camper and boats. I tested the Hemi, but it didn't seem to need it. Very happy so far.