Used 2014 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ram 1500

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

2014 Ram Express
By David M. Harrison

2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

great truck with a few twists
By Josh Carrier

2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I like the truck BUT it has has some problems. I bought this truck new in December 2014 and got a great deal on it. Several months after i had it, the check engine light came on. The grill shutter had broke and needed replaced. About six months after that, the truck started making a squealing noise when i started it in the cold. The dealership said the idler pully was bad and needed replaced. As of yesterday (3/31/2016) the truck had 24,5xx miles on it and the check engine came on AGAIN. The dealership said the oil pressure senser was bad and needed replaced. I really like the truck. Its fun to drive, gets good gas millage, and it looks sharp but, these problems are getting annoying. Its still a fairly new truck. Ive never heard of anyone having problems so soon.

2013 Laramie longhorn
By D Morehouse

2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

The truck is every thing I wanted in a truck and more. Has lots of room for my passengers and all of our gear. The leather seats are super comfortable with the heating and cooling controls for all passengers.

Great Truck for "Harry Homeowner"
By Chris

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I don't tow or haul things, but I wanted a truck. I own a home and end up transporting things weekly and this Ram works great. One thing I was always baffled by were the tie downs on my Silverado - they weren't cut out of the bed liner. This Ram came with 4 tie downs (2 in the nose of the bed and 2 in the tail) which makes for moving almost any household item or piece of equipment a breeze. This truck has all the get up and go I ever needed while all the while is great on gas. Currently, I'm right at 20 mpg which is awesome compared to my 2009 Silverado which was hovering around 15/16 mpg. The 3.6L V6 is everything most truck owners need and then some, but still they feel the need to spend the extra money on the 5.7L V8. Don't get me wrong, they sound great and really get going - they can also haul and tow well - but for someone with a family, who wants a 4WD truck to help with odd jobs and for transporting bigger items, this truck is a great option. Crew Cab a must IMO. The Ram has a MASSIVE cabin which is great for when all my friends are riding with me or when my wife and the dogs all pile in.

So far so good
By Slav

2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I had this truck for a little while and I'm happy with it.