2014 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Great Truck for "Harry Homeowner"
By Chris

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I don't tow or haul things, but I wanted a truck. I own a home and end up transporting things weekly and this Ram works great. One thing I was always baffled by were the tie downs on my Silverado - they weren't cut out of the bed liner. This Ram came with 4 tie downs (2 in the nose of the bed and 2 in the tail) which makes for moving almost any household item or piece of equipment a breeze. This truck has all the get up and go I ever needed while all the while is great on gas. Currently, I'm right at 20 mpg which is awesome compared to my 2009 Silverado which was hovering around 15/16 mpg. The 3.6L V6 is everything most truck owners need and then some, but still they feel the need to spend the extra money on the 5.7L V8. Don't get me wrong, they sound great and really get going - they can also haul and tow well - but for someone with a family, who wants a 4WD truck to help with odd jobs and for transporting bigger items, this truck is a great option. Crew Cab a must IMO. The Ram has a MASSIVE cabin which is great for when all my friends are riding with me or when my wife and the dogs all pile in.

So far so good
By Slav

2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I had this truck for a little while and I'm happy with it.

2014 Ram great vehice But service sucks. GM great
By David

2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

3rd new ram pickup. 1st full size. 2014 LoneStar 4x4. White crew cab. Others were Dakota Laramie's. Quad cabs. Major issues with both trannys so I moved up to this one. Other than poor navigation updates and 2 rear wheel bearings that exploded at 7,000 miles I'm very pleased oh... Except heated seats suck. Can't seem to get a Dodge dealer to fix them. Tried 4. All say the work but then I show them what they are doing and the scratch their heads. All Dodge service centers get a 2 on a 10 scale from me. GM has best service hands down but you pay for it. GM trucks cost $8000.00 more for same type truck. GM service gets a 10+. If you don't mind arguing with a Dodge service manager then you'll have no issues I guess. Just try to contact your local Dodge rep. Ha ha. Good frickin luck. Ain't happening ever !!!! Make damn sure you buy the CHRYSLER only extended Warranty. APex warranty sucks. No renter car coverage for minor repairs. Hope you have a spare vehicle or a ride. GM will provide you a ride or car or whatever you want and always deliver your vehicle back you un detailed. Dodge service will deliver it back with added filth on your interior. David from Ft Worth Texas.

great truck
By CHRIS GOMEZ

2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Ecodiesel only way to go!!!
By jeff

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Its a great truck I have previously owned 3 cummins diesels but Im not pulling the way I used to. This is a great compliment for someone don't doesn't pull a lot of heavy weight but still likes the grunt of a diesel. Its not a accelerating beast but it does great for me and I get 21 mpg around town and 27 hwy...the air ride suspension is worth paying for especially when towing it gets the vehicle level...overall very happy with the truck the maint cost is a little high.....

• SUV