2014 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
Nightmare
By flalum06 on 11/24/14 13:59 PM (PST)

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have never had more trouble in my life then with this new ECO Diesel! Pulled out of the lot with 16 miles on it check engine light came on. Took it in 3 times before it was fixed. Then I finally got to drive it and the drivers side window leaked and I could not put fuel into the truck without getting a bath or having fuel run all down the side of the truck or vapor locking. Has been in and out of the shop for well over a month (this will be the 3rd time) and they are telling me they do not know what is wrong with it. LEMON! Will never buy another dodge again. Called Dodge numerous times and they are SLOW... I spent 41,000 on a truck that now has 2100 miles and I can not even drive it.

Transmission Leaking Day 1
By emmerth on 10/28/14 06:18 AM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased this 1500 9-1-14 to replace my aging Titan (10 years old). The dealership was offering some great incentives for the holiday and the truck seemed to be rated pretty good so I thought it was a no-brainer. Until, I took it over my friends house (concrete driveway) and he informed me that I leaked transmission fluid all over it. I then looked under the truck and sure enough, it was leaking. Well, it has been to the dealer 4 times now and they still are having trouble fixing it. It is now at the dealer again. When they picked it up this morning, it had 1568 miles on it and most of them are from them doing test drives. Contact Chrysler support yesterday and waiting them...

Excellent Truck
By dino29 on 10/12/14 20:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

This is one nice machine - I went from a Avalanche & was concerned if it would be less of a truck. Not so, very pleased so far w/more power & equal mileage. Haven't done any towing as yet but it seems more powerful in general driving. It is a big truck w/the crew cab but very serviceable. No hint of bear-tracking in snow & no problems w/control at high speeds on rough road surfaces. no vibrations & very smooth drive train

4th Dodge Ram in 8 years
By houdini1957 on 09/22/14 14:22 PM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I should be doing a commercial for Arrigo as this is the 6 vehicle I have purchased from them in 8 years. I had a 06 Ram 1500. Traded it for a 09 Ram 1500. I didn't like the truck. Loved the way it looked, hated the way it road. Talked to John Arrigo during my first oil change and I ended up buying a new (leftover) 08 3500 Diesel Dually. Loved the truck but wasn't using it for the things it was intended for enough. Sold it. Just purchased this truck a few months ago. Got the basic Tradesman with the 5.7 liter Hemi. Great truck! Pulls my 6x12 enclosed trailer with my HD Road King and gear like nothing is behind it at all. Quiet, well put together and made for work.

Exceeds My Expectations
By jbowen52 on 07/11/14 08:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my first truck. Previously had a Cadillac SRX and other crossover type vehicles. Decided most of what we did was hauling stuff. We were surprised to end up with truck. It is just as described in the reviews. Comfortable, quiet, solid and gets better mileage than the SRX. Solid 23 MPG from Washington, DC to CT. Averages 20+MPG in daily driving, incredible for a full size truck. Being my first truck, the Fun To Drive category isn't really there. While good for a truck, it isn't up to the handling of the SRX. Still I knew that going in. The V6 does a great job, hauls my camper and boats. I tested the Hemi, but it didn't seem to need it. Very happy so far.

EcoDiesel is the "Real Deal"
By theov on 07/09/14 13:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is a machine worth purchasing. I have driven the truck for 2,500 miles and I am totally impressed with the interior ride and quality and the fuel mileage (25 to 30 mpg). The truck has great storage compartments to fit my tools, bikes, boys' baseball stuff, and suitcases. I have not yet towed my Wrangler for 4x4 excursions, but I am sure it is up to the task. Mileage is phenomenal, around town I am in the 21-23 mpg range, on the highway around 26-27 at 75 mph or 30 to 31 at around 67-69 mph. This is tested and verified by me. The interior is quiet, 1st class, and the hands free system is excellent.

no more chevy's after driving this
By yoyo69 on 07/05/14 18:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I thought these hemi engines got poor mileage but this 4x4 gets over 20 mpg just driving back and forth to work. This truck blows away ford and chevy in every category. looks better, rides better,nicer interior with more options that come standard. Drive one if your in the market for a new truck. It sells itself, and was priced better. I did have a negative bias against the dodge truck but seeing is believing.

Beats my F-150 Ecoboost any day of the week!
By cpercha on 06/15/14 04:32 AM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Wow!!! After 3 years and 88,000 miles in a 2011 Ford F-150 Ecoboost I can tell you that the Ram makes it look like a glorified golf cart. I had driven several Rams before making my choice on which one to get. I ended up going with the Hemi attached to the 8 speed automatic and 3.92 gears. At first I was concerned that I would pay the price at the pump for the 3.92 gearing but I have found that this has not been the case at all. When driving models with 3.21 gears I had to get into the gas more to get the response I was looking for. With the 3.92 not only am I getting better performance but I don't need to hit the peddle much to get it to move which ended up resulting in better gas mileage.

Hard To Beat
By mitchselect on 04/20/14 08:09 AM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Although its hard to go go wrong with any full size truck these days except for maybe the Nissan Titan, the initial impression of my new Ram seems to be just a little bit better all around. Even if you have been a "hater" in the past, which many of us are, and for good reason, i strongly urge you to at least test drive one and give it a fair chance. You wont be disappointed. I found it to be the best performing, arguably the best looking, best optioned and with current rebates it was the cheapest. It is my belief that Ram Dodge Fiat (whatever) is trying to make a statement with this truck and in my opinion has done so! although i gave reliability a 5, only time will tell. GIVE RAM A CHANCE!

Still early, but "Wow." Bye-Bye F150 !
By dallasdon on 04/13/14 15:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Coming off of three-straight F150 platforms ('07 Lincoln Mark-LT, '09 Loaded Lariat, '11 Platinum) I decided to take a break, but that triumvirate set the bar high ('11 Plat was the nicest half-ton I ever drove.) Well, the past is the past. This '14 Longhorn simply outclasses the Fords across the board (for now, until FoMoCo stops resting on laurels.) Gorgeous, comfortable, luxurious, powerful, intuitive technology...it has it all. The "Western" themed interior is a little over the top (a bit long on badges and saddle-stitching) but it's crafted so finely, it's hard to say that there's something else you'd prefer.) Here's the new bar for Ford, Chevy and Toyota to jump over. Good luck boys!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ram 1500 in VA is:

$134 per month*