This is a luxury truck, not a job site truck
By eichler34 on
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Edition 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)
I've got 8000 miles on my truck now, it's white with gold two tone, with the cattle tan interior. I intentionally avoided the laser etched filigree seats as to me, it would have been too much country. Options I have are the 8 speed rotary dial transmission, the multi-level air suspension, Rambox storage, and each of those options to me are an absolute necessity when getting this top of the line model.
Favorite Features
The air ride gives so much cushion and comfort, you feel like you are gliding, not driving. It's great for my wife who's had 2 back surgeries. The Rambox was needed because I want my truck clean at all times. No duffle bags, basketballs, groceries in my cab, and the rambox handles all of that stuff. While it shrinks your cargo room in the bed, it's so worth it. The 8 speed transmission is a simple idea, more gears means lowering the rpm's needed to climb into the next gear, which makes the ride more smooth, quiet, and fuel efficient. The Uconnect system is the best. It blows my wifes 2012 range rover system out of the water. The ability to receive and reply to texts via voice is huge.
Suggested Improvements
This one is easy. The Fuel estimates of 15/21 are full of it. It's my only complaint. On the highway, I do get between 19.5-21 mpg. In the city, I have never gotten better than 13.2, and they claim it's 15. You will not get 15, ever unless you invest in a cold air intake and a chip for the engine (which would void your warranty). I love everything about this truck, but that combined 17 mpg is really 15. To me, that matters, to others maybe not so much.