2013 Ram 1500 Consumer Review: Beware

2013 Ram 1500 - Consumer Review

SLT Quad Cab (3.6L V6 FFV 4x4 8-speed Automatic 6.4 ft. Bed)

By rexer on

2013 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought a brand new 2013 RAM 1500 and must admit that it was my first brand new purchase for a vehicle. I got a couple blocks away from the dealership when all of a sudden steam and smoke started pouring out from under the hood. I looked down at the temp guage and it was slightly below the red mark. I pulled over and popped the hood and found a rad hose not attached to engine. I called the dealership who sent a tech out to meet me (later found out that the hose is given a plastic peice at the factory to assit in assembly and it was never removed causing the hose to fall off under pressure). I spoke with the dealership and Chrysler Canada and was told too bad basically, your stuck with it.

Ipod control, seats, overall look of truck and MPG.

After more research I have learnt that there is a lot of people complaining of problems that seem to stem from poor quality at the manufacturing level. Everything from paint imperfections to my scenario, a lot of problems with the big screen radio units causing truck malfunctions.